1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Battery error indicator and won’t shift into gear/turn engine on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Justin Engle, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Justin Engle

Justin Engle New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    SE
    Hello Prius chat I come to you in a time of great need. I blew one of my suspension springs about a month ago and just recently fixed it this weekend while I was doing the repairs I left my truck open for over 24 hours which seemed to kill the 12v battery. Also during my repairs I removed the fuse for the hybrid battery to have easier access to one of the nuts. (I’m not sure if all info is relevant I’m just trying to be thorough). After putting the car back together I attempted to start it so I could test drive it and I was greeted by the red triangle and the hybrid battery warning indicator as well as noticing the digital clock was a lot more dim than usual. My brother noted that this was probably due to me killing the 12v battery so I charged the battery overnight. When I tried to use it again the next day it still wouldn’t shift into gear (I also don’t think the engine is running due to power button showing orange light). I have tried disconnecting the 12v battery for a few hours and it doesn’t help. If anyone can help me I would be very grateful.

Addition info- it’s a gen 2 2005, I had the hybrid battery replaced about 9 months ago, when replacing suspension the only things I did to hybrid battery were remove an air vent that I put back and take the fuse out, for some reason it “starts” (still orange start button) without the key inserted

2. Justin Engle

Justin Engle New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    SE
    Also I have access to a scan tool and can give additional information on any codes although I don’t think any of them are causing the problem

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    Did you reinstall/lock the orange HV safety disconnect correctly?

[​IMG]

Please post the codes in this thread for additional guidance.

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.

mmmadog and bisco like this.
  4. Justin Engle

Justin Engle New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    SE
    I feel really stupid lol. I didn’t lock the safety disconnect when I put it back in. After locking it and disconnecting and reconnecting the 12v it works. Thank you for saving me some frustration.

SFO and bisco like this.