1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Battery Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Wireshot, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Wireshot

Wireshot New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just got an error on my 2013 Prius saying check hybrid system and stop in a safe place. Beforehand, I was still getting high 40s, low 50s on MPG so I wasn't expecting a battery issue. Now the car seems like the engine is constantly on. I used the Dr. Prius app and it gave me codes for Pa080 and P3000. I would like to repalce which modules are going bad just to get the car going again. However, I'm having trouble reading the results from the app. If anyone could help me to find which modules need replacing or give me advice on if I should just replace the whole battery. Thank you for any help/suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    you might need tech stream for that. are you running doc prius while loading the battery?

of course, a new battery is best, but replacement modules should get you up and running for awhile. rebalancing would be even better, but without a new battery, you have to be prepared for whack a mole.

how many miles on her? the egr circuit should be your next concern before you blow the head gasket.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You're still in the early stages of a bad module, so problem is intermittent. Just keep driving the car and when warning lights return, take a Dr. Prius app screenshot and clear the codes while driving. Once you've done this a dozen or more times you'll be more clear on the bad module. The other method is to pull the pack and hook each of the 28 modules up to a 50W 12v bulb, like a halogen headlight bulb for 2 minutes and write down the amount of voltage loss. A healthy module will lose between 0.2v to 0.4v... An unhealthy module will lose more voltage than that.

bisco likes this.