1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Battery Replacement & now A/C is not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by azprius99, Jun 2, 2012.

1. azprius99

azprius99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A few weeks ago, I received the triangle light in my 2007 Prius with 125k miles on it. When I took it to the dealer, they said that the hybrid battery needed to be replaced. A new battery was ordered & installed by the dealer, which took a couple weeks as the battery wasn't in stock. When I picked up the Prius this week, within driving it a couple miles, it was apparent the A/C wasn't working. I took it right back to the dealer who said they'd look into it. When the Service sales guy started it again, it made a very strange noise as well, which it never did before. The dealer has come back and said that not only has the A/C Compressor out but the ABS actuator is also failing. They are saying this has nothing to do with the battery replacement but both these items were working fine before having the battery replaced. The total cost is over $3400, with their "discount". In looking at some forums & chats on the Internet, it looks as though maybe the compressor is electrically driven and this is no coincidence. Please advise.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The traction battery replacement has nothing to do with the AC compressor or brake actuator.

Since it is obvious that the AC is not working and you certainly need that system functioning in Arizona now, I would have that fixed.

I would defer the brake actuator repair until you see brake warning lights appear. You might ask your service writer what is the evidence that part is bad.