1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid c cost versus other small cars

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by austingreen, Feb 9, 2012.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...ordable-is-the-prius-c-20120207,0,23648.story

1 person likes this.
  2. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hm. That's a good idea for comparison. Thanks for finding this!

3. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    While some people are quick to count soda holders and cruise control in their comparos, I focus on safety before looking at other amenities. This is doubly important in small cars.

The 'c' standard safety package equals my 2011 Lexus CTh minus a passenger side knee airbag. For now, I think the 'c' is the only Toyota built standard with whiplash protection. I wonder how the Kia compares, or even Honda.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can tell you 2 years ago I paid more for my Honda Fit Sport, than The Prius C. You can point to some creature comforts, which I highly enjoy, that don't exist on the base model Prius C...but IMO the big "option" that exists in comparison is HSD.

I'd probably upgrade because I can...but if I was going on a budget? Throw some Clazzio's or other high grade seat covers on it...and you have a brand new Hybrid that get's 50 mpg.

There is NO WAY...that isn't a beautiful deal, IMO.

5. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So basically if you drive more then 15,000mi a year, increase fuel cost from $3.44 and/or keep car for more then 5 years, it is a clear winner?

Actually it looks like the they did not take into consideration maintenance costs (oil, filters, brakes, tires). All cars besides "C" and Insight will need new brakes.

6. Yespage

Yespage New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The extras are nice and all for some, but what I want is four speakers (been living with two in the Insight forever!), high mileage in a car that I don't have to worry about, I can get speed quickly if necessary, and room to pack for a trip with two adults and a child. The C does offer this at a very reasonable price, less than the the original Prius and Insights. Back in '01, buying a hybrid was somewhat of a risk as no one knew how the batteries would perform. A decade later, buying a hybrid from Toyota or Honda is almost worry free.

Penny to Penny, the Fit is cheaper and has a bunch more utility. The way you can arrange the back seats is almost absurd in the Fit. So you end up with the lower (initially) priced Fit with greater utility... or the C which costs more upfront but depending on where gasoline prices go, the C could make up for the premium in a number of years, easily within the lifespan of the vehicle.