1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Car Convoy over Sunshine Skyway Bridge!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Darden Rice, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Darden Rice

Darden Rice New Member

WHAT: Bridges to Energy Independence: Hybrid Car and Clean Car Convoy over the Skyway Bridge!

A fun event to show your support for energy independence, protecting America's special places from oil and gas drilling, and supporting solutions for clean energy! Picnic, press event, and social time at Maximo Park afterwards. This event is draw attention for public support for fuel-efficient car and truck technology and raising fuel economy standards to protect America's beautiful places from drilling and to support a clean, safe, and responsible energy policy.

WHEN: Saturday, September 30 9am-2pm

WHERE: Please contact organizers where to meet. We are looking for volunteers, as well as participants, to help be leaders at the event, help with ideas, publicity, and turn-out for event.

REGISTER WITH/CONTACT: Darden Rice, Florida organizer for the Alaska Wilderness League
    [email protected] (9am-6pm can be reached at 727-822-6241)

Note: Don't have a hybrid? Not a problem! Other fuel efficient non-hybrids welcome, ethanol, bio-diesel, etc..You may also drive your other vehicle, organizers will will make signs for cars and trucks computing the money and gas drivers would have saved had we 40 mpg efficiency standards already in place. The message is all about solutions!

If you are interested, please contact Darden and come to volunteer planning meet-ups! Thank you.

DRILLING IN THE ARCTIC NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE IS NOT THE ANSWER TO HIGH GAS PRICES.

2. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So Unnecessary driving to show energy independence from oil and gas is a good thing???? :huh:

This is the epitome of hypocracy... :angry:

Do the world a bigger favor and stay home and save the gas and the environment by not driving over some bridge... :D

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Aug 8 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]299575[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, I think it's a great idea.

Something like this gets media coverage. Especially if you have a standard ICE car (with info plaquard) next to a clean, fuel efficient hybrid. The public needs to be hit over the head, perhaps multiple times, before they finally start to "get it".

How long has the Prius been out? I still meet people who think I have to plug my car in at night. Or think I'm only getting 35 mpg. Or think in a year or two I'll have to spend $10,000 to replace all of my batteries. etc.

Misinformation is rampant. There are people that think if Congress approves drilling in ANWR that next week gas prices will go down.

This isn't just "everyone should buy a hybrid". It's also "this is what you can do with your current car to be fuel efficient." Like driving habits and tire pressure and clean filters, etc. I don't have to buy a new house; I can do things to my current home to make it energy efficient. But I have to be made aware of the problem and I have to be educated in what I can do and habits I need to change.

You go Darden!