1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid car owners more loyal to same makes and models when it's time to buy again, study shows

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Aug 12, 2008.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Only 25% of Prius owners replace it with another Prius? What are the other 75% unhappy about? I can't imagine buying anything that did not have the same set of design features.

3. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't intend to ever buy another car that get's less gas mileage than I currently do with the Prius. I can't imagine going back to spending the money and consuming the fuel I used to. So I guess I'll be driving Prius for a long time. Since no one else is even close.

The car is simply amazing, and as more time passes I tend to perceive the Prius more as an electric car augmented with a gas engine, vs. the other way around. The amount of travel time I can spend without the gas engine running is amazing.
    The more folks that finally realize what the Prius is capable of, with just a little understanding and slight change in habits, the better.

4. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It's probably how they are working the numbers. My guess is 75% of Prius owners like their car and haven't traded it in. And won't until some ahole totals it, at which time they'll get another Prius.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'll be replacing mine with another Prius.

6. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Be careful interpreting these "results". Keep in mind there are a lot fewer hybrids available than "normal" cars (gas guzzlers ;) ). So you would expect fewer changes when replacing.

Always keep in mind the simple saying, figures lie, and lairs figure.

7. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The other 75% may not be necessarily unhappy. Maybe they have no need to replace / buy another Prius yet. Most of the Prius owners are Gen II and this gen hasn't end yet.

I think those 25% are due to accidents or the two Prius families.

8. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    maybe we can find out what those 75% are unhappy about by replacing the "YES" sticker with a series of stickers to go on the rear window, for the various reasons why not so we can read them and tally up the results