1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid indicator around speedometer

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Audio, Electronics and Infotainment' started by lohikaarme, Aug 1, 2023.

1. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Just double checking, there is no way to change the hybrid indicator ring to be real time mpg instead right?
    I get there is a way to show it to the left, but if instead you want the hybrid indicator or the eco scores on the left and want the real time mpg gauge 0-100 mpg instead of the chrg, eco, power meter left of the speedometer, is there any way to change?

in the previous gen, there was a gauge immediately next to the speedometer that could display different real time data.

2. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
  3. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    For reference the equiv on the gen 4

upload_2023-8-1_14-38-2.png

4. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Man it would be such a huge miss if this was limited. The functionality could have been easily implemented and would have been a carry over from previous gens. I went through the manual and did not see anything on this so it may be that toyota got lazy here and there is no way.

5. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'm not a huge fan of the manual but I've read that the manual pdf's are seachable.
    Remember having to go deep into Car Settings to switch form the default to split screen before getting the choice of the three gauges on the speedo screen. I look at the other two gauges once or twice a year while scrolling through the MID stuff, but I always get it right back to Hybrid Indicator for near reel time display of how much energy is being used by either the engine, motor or both together.

These dash configurations ain't always that easy to find stuff hidden deep in the settintgs. Keep looking, just don't obsess about it too much. It may be there hiding somewhere.