1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Panel from Toyota?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ed, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Ed

Ed New Member

Did anyone else get this email? It came from what seems to be a "ligit" marketing company. I signed up to see what happens..

-------------------------------------------------------------
    You have been invited by Toyota to participate in an online bulletin board discussion group with other selected panel members to discuss hybrid vehicles.

This invitation is only being sent to a select group of potential panel members – if you cannot join us, please do not forward this email to other people.

Because space is limited, we want to make sure you have a few details before you say “sign me up!â€:

- The bulletin board will be open from August 25, 2004 to August 27, 2004 and will require about 25 minutes of your time each day to read our questions and respond to them.
    - On each of the 3 days, we’ll post questions at 12:00am and you can login to answer them anytime over the course of the next 24 hours – at work, at home, or wherever you happen to have access to a computer and the Internet.
    - After you answer a day’s set of questions, we’ll ask you to log back in a few hours later to respond to any follow-up questions the board’s leader might have for you. However, the total time commitment each day should be no more than 25 minutes.
    - We will need you to participate on all 3 days.

That’s it. Can we count you in? If so, just hit “reply†to this email and type in “Yesâ€, “Group 3â€, and your name in the body of the email, and if you’re among the first 30 to respond, we’ll send you an email to confirm your participation and let you know what’s to come. If you have any questions about how the group works, please send us an email (to the email address above) and we’ll get back to you with the answers.

Just in case you’re on the fence about whether or not to participate, check out what some past bulletin board participants have said about the experience:

“It was very cool. It's good to know I'm making a difference in products I care about…â€

“It was painless, fun and very productive.â€

“A lot better than watching reality TV!â€

We hope you can join us.

Thanks on behalf of Toyota.

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Any clue as to any payback, beyond any warm&fuzzy feeling you might get?...

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I got it - Group 1. Was one of the first 30 as well.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Rick, if you get the chance, would you ask them why it's necessary to come to a full stop for 5 or 10 seconds after the ICE is warm to get it to go into full hybrid (S4) operation? And tell them we'd like an indicator of when it's warm enough.

Sounds like this may be a chance to be heard by Toyota, in case they don't have anyone monitoring the discussion boards. I'd sure like to participate, but I don't think they even have my email address.

5. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I got the e-mail but was too late to make the 30 person cut-off. Was told that I might get on if someone opts out. Sounds like a way to tell Toyota just what you like and don't like about the HSD, and that's a good thing.

6. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    These are questions by a survey panel, not neccesarily Toyota engineers - and we'll be answering most likely, not asking.

7. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

if it's not multiple choice answer a question with a question. We (in this group) know your smart enough on most things Prius to be able to do that. Maybe your in to the "Prius" people at Toyota if their intrigued with your "answers"

8. Ed

Ed New Member

Seems I wasn't fast enough. I'm on the waiting list for the panel.
    (neat how I'm on the waiting list for the car, AND the panel).

At least I'm consistent.....

9. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    That's not a bad idea Frank, thx!