1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid pics from our last meeting

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by ericbecky, Apr 4, 2005.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Madison, WI

I have posted 8 pictures from last Saturday's MHG event.
    They are posted here: MHG April 2005 Event

9 hybrids were there. 5 Prius, 2 Accords and 2 Insights. Hopefully some Escapes or Civics will come next time!

Local people attended as well as some people from the Milwaukee area and Illinois.

Thanks to all who came and we hope to see more of you at future events!

Stay tuned. Tomorrow we announce the date of the MHG get-together at Miller Park.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Those are some great pictures.

I have to ask how you got the mix of hybrids. Was it through GreenHybrid.com?

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Man is that Insight GREEN. I mean a green car but! Wow. easy to spot in any parking lot.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think that Insight looks very sharp in Citrus Green. Is that a regular paint option or has the car been specially painted?

I seriously considered an Insight, but they are SMALL inside.

5. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    jayman
    It was a factory color for a limited time in 2000. Never to be seen again. As if the Insight itself wasn't attention-getting enough, adding that green makes it over the top.

Tony,
    As for the mix of hybrids, well last year I went to Prius get together and then started putting together my own meetings. I knew our city (Madison, WI) could not support an Insight-only group, so when I organize meetings I invite all hybrid owners. We have a very loose knit group of hybrid owners that I contact occasionally for events. The most recent name I've attached to the group is the Madison Hybrid Group (MHG).

I've met people from various Yahoo Groups and web sites, including this one. GreenHybrid is a site that works well for contacting the spectrum of hybrid owners simply because it is not Brand or Model specific. I have also met people from interviews I've read in the newspaper; It's amazing how easy it is to track someone down if their name appears in print.

I hope at the July Hybrid Event In Milwaukee we can get all the hybrids represented. Wish us luck!