1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid sales break the 3% mark

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by tripp, May 7, 2008.

1. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Full Article

Shiny Graphic
    [​IMG]

2. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    With all the recent reports of Prius being getting hard to find on the dealer's lots, I wonder what sales in May will be like. Surely based on last year's numbers they would have expected a jump in demand?

I don't think we'll see a dip in sales in the fall - I think some people may have been waiting to seeing if the 08 was going to be redesigned or not. And we already know that the 09 will be another year of the same as 08...

Unless of course there is a problem getting the cars in the fall during the 08-09 transition.

3. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius is still 50% of all hybrid sales.
    Hybrids first crossed 2% a year and a month ago. Any predictions when we'll hit 4%? I'm guessing less than a year, and quite possibly within 6 months.

Unless gasoline drops 50 cents by summer, because you know the inventories are still above last year's levels, and refineries are only running at 85%, plus the slow economy... (I'm being facetious, just so you know... ah whatever happened to Malorn?)

4. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    That is a chart I would like to follow from month to month for the rest of the year. Not surprising from what I see here on these forums.

Bob

5. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    GreenCarCongress usually puts out a hybrid sales report every month. It usually comes out about a week into the month. I post a thread like this one, dutifully, every month, so stay tuned.

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Toyota is now saying there are a million of its hybrid vehicles on the road in the USA. And only 40,356 of their drivers have ever joined PriusChat...