1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid sales down 20% from September last year

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by austingreen, Oct 7, 2011.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    2011 has not been a good year, but if you add in leaf and volt sales ytd hybrids + bev + phev are flat compared to 2010.

September 2011 Dashboard: Consumers Favor Trucks Over Hybrids | Hybrid Cars

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Toyota said the production is back to normal output. The shipment arrival should be a month after that. I would expect Oct sales equal or more than 2010 level.

3. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope your right, but don't expect it. 2010 sales were 11,700 and there is at least inventory here. I'm at the dealer getting oil changed, and there are more prii on the lot today than when I bought mine 2 years ago. Dealers can of course start discounting and get the sales up.

4. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  5. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The lack of financing specials and fewer option choices are the main reasons I expect this October will lag last years. Both of these are part of recovery from the quake. Prius also has more competition from ct200, hybrid sonata, leaf, volt, waiting for new hybrid camry and c-max, etc.

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota Sunnyvale is ad'ing discounts of $2k off MSRP on II and both III's, 2011 models, 9 available at that price, like that. Making way for 2012. Prius sales should go up.

When conditions more favorable (higher gas prices/lots of availability), Prius is poised to slay the competition. If a few other mfrs are not looking at basically copying the regular Prius in not too many years from now, they are nuts. Copy examples would be like Camry/Accord/Altima/Fusion - same format and nearly same drivetrain.

7. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree completely with the list of these cars which were not available last October. I also have the XLE Hybrid Camry as plan B in my list if it turns out to be difficult to buy the PIP out of state. My understanding is the XLE Hybrid Camry + advanced tech package will cost ~ the same as the base PHV, and 40mpg will double my current mileage.