1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Segment on CNNfn TV

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Apr 29, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Did anyone catch the show "Flipside" on CNNfn TV?

well if you missed it, you didnt miss anything. it was a segment on hybrids and i cant remember that last time i saw something as mis leading as this.

It was obvious that CNN failed to recognize that the Prius is in a class by itself. Also it wouldnt surprise me to find out that one of the big three automakers owns CNN.

Some of the "facts"

"Hybrids are small as they are all compacts"

"Hybrids are also more expensive than their comparable ICE's usually costing as much as $4000 extra."

"Hybrids have problems at highway speeds especially in passing mode."

needless to say, a strongly worded letter was sent to imform them that they are misleading the public by either grouping all hybrids together, or not doing a segment on just the Prius, which is only fair since the car has no peer.

you may e-mail the show at [email protected]

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw a top 10 cars thing late last night on the Discovery channel. Prius made number 4. They did however provide the misinformation that the cars are heavily subsidized in order to get them into the market.

They did, however, present a much more positive spin - touting the MPG, celebrety support, environmental pluses, etc. Both versions of the car were featured too, however the specs they were listing were indeed more relevant to the '04 (0-60 times, potential range, etc.).

3. paulisme

paulisme New Member

CNN is owned by Time Warner.