1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Talk

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rancid13, May 9, 2006.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Bob McCormick's Money 101 radio show today will be talking about hybrid vehicles and rising gas prices. This live show will be airing from 9am-12pm PST, callers are welcome to voice opinions or share actual facts/data.

Locals in the LA/OC area, the radio station is AM 1070.

Anyone who wants to listen online the website is www.knx1070.com (go tp the Listen Now section).

The last time they talked about hybrids on this radio program (several months ago), Bob ultimately determined (mostly based on false facts) that all hybrids were not worth their extra costs and that a hybrid owner could never make up the 'premium' cost in gas savings. I'd like to see what his thoughts are now. I'll be listening...

:)

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ... And for those of you who don't care to give the website all of your private information:

http://www.web-radio.fm/stream.cfm?id=634

So far during the 30 seconds I've been listening, he says the HCH "hands-down" gives you more for your money vs. the Prius, but admits that the Prius is the "hot ticket."

Update: Okay, so they talked about the topic for 5 minutes, had ten minutes of commercials, and then moved onto the next topic. Kind of disappointing.