1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid tax coming need help.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by 4npower, May 4, 2013.

1. 4npower

4npower Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For some reason the great folks in VA have decided to tax people $100 a year to drive their hybrids? So we are gonna get penalized for trying to help the environment and our pockets by saving gas and emmissions. Please sign this petition to veto this stupid bill, cause if it passes in one state others may try to follow.

Repeal the $100 Virginia Hybrid Tax NOW!

Thanks

wjtracy likes this.
  2. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wait till they start taxing you by the mile driven...

3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    4nPower - Thank you for posting. I was not aware of this petition. I will re-post more prominently if I feel this is the official petition.

NOTE- This seems to be the old petition that was already posted on PriusChat. I will email state Senator Ebbin and Delegate Surovell to let them know the petition is still active. They do plan a repeal effort but the effort has not started yet to my knowledge. DO NOT sign this petition unless it is verified.

Governor McDonnell did not agree with the petition, he signed the bill anyways. But please note the hybrid fee amount was reduced to $64/yr by the Gov before he signed the bill, reflecting that the bill also reduced state gasoline taxes to 3.5% of wholesale, about the lowest gaso tax in the continental USA (those are the Governor's words, not mine).

As a tip, VA hybrid owners may want to log on to DMVnow.com and register 3-yrs ahead to get out of the fee increases for a while. You must do this by about July 1, and you can only do this if you are 6-months or less away from your due date to register.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Great advice, petition takers beware for now I guess...