1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Traction battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by OCpri, Apr 17, 2016.

1. OCpri

OCpri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    P4161036.jpg
    Hi everyone,

I don't normally post much (at all) but I am really excited about my successful battery installation I did today! I got the idea after after watching some youtube videos. So far so good. Prior to changing out the battery I determined the battery was in trouble by doing a self diagnostic on the MDF. The voltage read a little low 11.8 and then I checked the 12v with a multimeter reading of 12.5 So I crossed out the possibility of the 12v being bad. About a month earlier I received the P08A0 code with a code reader when my dash lit up with a bunch of warning lights. Once I cleared the code no other indicators of a bad battery. Then a couple of days ago I was driving home from work when all the warning lights popped up again. But this time my battery energy indicator was fluctuating all the way up and down. Then I noticed every once in a while, just for a second or two, the power steering and brakes would act like they weren't working and the car would suddenly slow down. Then the fan under the back seats kicked on to my surprise. I didn't even know I had a fan back there! I have 143,000 miles on the car after buying it when it had 108,000. I doubt the original owner ever changed out that battery so maybe it needed it. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully I won't have any more problems for a long time to come.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, well done!(y)