1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid workshop in Sunnyvale CA, Nov 29

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by urs steiner, Nov 10, 2007.

1. urs steiner

urs steiner New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi all
    Last week I had my 60K service done on my Prius. No problems found, but still $330.....
    While waiting, I meet to Adam Simms, GM of Toyota Sunnyvale. He mention the workshop below, and pointed out, there might be a Tesla and or a Tesla rep there. He also mentioned, they found Prius owners want to show there car is different. For this reason Toyota will introduce new versions of the Prius, such as a Cabriolet. We also talked about battery replacement pollicies, changing modules vs. changing the complete battery. So far they had very few battery failures, despite the large increase of Prius on the street. He also said, Toyota will be very forthcoming (I hope this means reasonably priced) if comes to battery replacements, since they want to keep the good Hybrid sales momentum going.
    Personally, I think it is cheap to pay ~3.5K after 100K driving to go an other 100K. All indications are, the low power atkins style gas engine will last at least 200K, and there are much fewer other parts. Since the CVT dose not have any friction parts, such as a clutch, it should also last.
    It may turn out, that full hybrids will last much longer then conventional cars, despite or because of the relatively short lived battery.
    I hope to see some of you on the workshop.

Urs

04 Prius, 07 Hybrid Highlander

HYBRID WORKSHOP @ TOYOTA SUNNYVALE

THURSDAY NOV 29TH 6PM

NEW HIGHLANDER HYBRID IS AVAILABLE TO ORDER. INTERESTED IN A A PRIUS, CAMRY OR HIGHLANDER HYBRID, HAVE QUESTIONS?
    WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM? TOYOTA SUNNYVALE IS HAVING A HYBRID WORKSHOP. WE WILL HAVE FACTORY EXPERTS AND MECHANICS TO ANSWER QUESTIONS AND EXPLAIN THIS DYNAMIC PLATFORM.
    RSVP TO STEFANIE AT 408-716-1881 OR EMAIL [email protected].
    PLEASE CALL BY NOV. 20TH, SO WE CAN SAVE YOU A SPOT, THERE IS LIMITED SPACE.
    REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    on my birthday? awesome! (ok... i'm a nerd )

i'll seee you there :)

3. dongwoo

dongwoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Awesome! I'll be there... and what great opportunity for us Bay Area Prius owners to have a meet and greet! hah.

That would be cool if their were monthly prius meets like we do for moorcycle clubs. ..or do we already?

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dongwoo @ Nov 11 2007, 09:26 AM) [snapback]537959[/snapback]</div>
    we are long overdue for a meet. my fault.. i'm supposed to organize them. i'm really not against a meet once a month. good idea. maybe we can get more than 5 people to show up.. lol

5. tennislover

tennislover Junior Member