1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybridfest 2007 videos

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TheForce, Jul 22, 2007.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will post videos of the speakers at Hybridfest 2007 here in a few days.

First up is a short clip of a large human robot thing at the fair grounds. I don't know who or what this guys is representing but I though the robot suit looked cool and I would like to know more on how it works.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9...04458&hl=en

Next up is two videos of the hologram in the Continental Automotive Systems 4D Driving Simulator Safely There mobile exhibit. This thing was awesome! It seats 6 and all the seats was on a motion floor. The seats were like a standard car seat with a real across the chest safety belt. The belt would tighten just like if you were in a real accident. The seats also had rumble you could feel when you went off road. The movie was in 3D and not your standard crappy red/blue glasses 3D but the much more cool polarized glasses 3D. The 3D polarized movies are the only 3D movies I can actually tell they are in 3D. Anyway I was not able to get video of the actual movie or simulator but I was able to get two short clips of the hologram display they had outside the simulator area.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=46...01909&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...39364&hl=en

These clips were small enough and did not need editing so that why I was able to upload them today. The other videos will have to wait until I get home so I can edit and compress them

2. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is a video of me driving the Prius simulator in the Prius Simulator in the Highway to the Future Exhibit.

And no you could not pulse and glide! :angry: Actually none of the buttons or controls actually worked except for the power button, gas and brake. I dont think the steering wheel actually worked.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5546157328624844740

3. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is part 2 of Hobbit's The Prius - A Detailed Look into How It Performs the Magic.

Yeah I know I'm posting part 2 before part 1 but I'm still waiting for part 1 to finish processing. Google video is slow as hell processing long videos.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6596359909219951029

5. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have direct pointers to the video files, for those of us who
    don't drink the script-driven koolaid?
    Oh, and the link to part 1 is borked.
    _H*

8. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My upload bandwidth is limited so for now its going to be the google video. I will however upload a divx backup of the videos to my website as soon as I get the time. Maybe here in the next few days.

I fixed part 1 for you. You should now be able to access it.

9. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  10. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    All my google video versions of the videos have finished uploading. Since I have nothing else to do tonight I'm going to upload the bakcups of those videos to my website.

I have about 8TB of bandwidth per moth and about 700GB of space with my provider so as long as everyone does not download them multiple times I should be OK. Some files are very large. About 500MB or more. So PLEASE only download them if you NEED them! These files are the same as the ones on google video so don't download them unless you need them.

This is the root directory listing. All files should be uploaded within 24 hours of this post.
    http://stuff.jaygroh.com/priuschat/hybridfest

11. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  12. brad34695

brad34695 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheForce @ Jul 27 2007, 08:04 PM) [snapback]486454[/snapback]</div>

Thank you so much for posting that lecture. I learned quite a bit about hypermiling, especially about going over sidewall max tire pressure. Does anyone run 50 lbs psi?? Wayne "sugguests" that is the optimum tire pressure. Again, thanks for posting !!!!!!!!!!!

Brad
    Tampa Bay Florida

13. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brad34695 @ Jul 28 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]486832[/snapback]</div>
    I talked to several people who go over 50 psi and some much higher than that. I'm only in the low 40's :(

14. diamondlarry

diamondlarry EPA MPG #'s killer

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've had 65 psi in the Integrity's since the day I drove it off the lot 4K+ miles ago. I drove accross the street to a gas station, pumped up the tires, got something to eat, and headed home and have had no issues, uneven wear or otherwise since other than a 73.7 mpg average. :)

15. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(diamondlarry @ Jul 29 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]487080[/snapback]</div>
    What pressure would you consider to be overinflated?

16. diamondlarry

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FL_Prius_Driver @ Jul 29 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]487195[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not sure what I would consider overinflated. I have tried 70 psi and haven't noticed a significant FE improvement over 65 psi. I think that 60-65 psi must be around the point at which the FE benefit levels off. Tire condition has been a factor for me in the past. A few years ago, my grandpa wasn't driving his truck much anymore so he gave it to me rather than just junk it. It was a '78 F-250. I rarely drive it since it only gets 9-12 mpg. I only use it for hauling things that won't fit in the car. Anyway, when I got it, the tires had way more than 75% of the tread left but the tires were nearly 15 years old and the sidewalls were cracking. The tires were rated for 65 psi but I didn't feel safe in pushing them past 45.

17. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    There are two aspect of a pressure that high. One is that it puts a larger stess on the tire than ideal. Do not know if this a real issue or not. Given the surge pressures when a tire hits a pothole, it cannot be an acute problem. Do not know if there are chronic problems with uneven wear.

The other issue is road traction. Radial Tires are designed with a certain amount of contact area. Again I do not know how much this is changed going from a recommendation of 35 psi to 65 psi, but it seems to be awful high. If the MPG keeps going up as you inflate the tire, when would you stop inflating? I guess that was my real question. I am not pro or con in this discussion, I just wanted to know why set your limit at 65 psi.

18. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    If you watch the video of Wayne Gerde's talk at Hybridfest '07, he talks about how there is a point where the mpg gain levels out as you inflate the tire increasingly higher, so to a point there is more advantage to higher tire pressures, but the percentage of mpg gain does not stay the same. Watch the video of his talk. It has lots of excellent information.

19. diamondlarry

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ Jul 30 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]487655[/snapback]</div>
    That about covers it. Once you get up to a certain point(65 psi seemed to be that point for me), the mpg benefits level off and the ride gets even harsher if psi goes higher.