1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybridfest Green Drive Expo July 18 & 19 2009. DON’T MISS IT!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ericbecky, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The annual get-together of hybrid owners and PriusChat members from across the country is only three weeks away! This is your chance to hang out with people who frequent PriusChat (and other green car sites) as well as have some fun. It’s kind of like our annual “family reunion” where we hang out exchanging ideas and sharing stories *gasp* in person! It’s also where you can check out the all the great exhibitors, speakers, test drives, and more!

In case you don’t already know about it, it’s called Hybridfest Green Drive Expo and this year, our fourth, it will be at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wisconsin on July 18 & 19, 2009. Public show times are 10 am – 5 pm on Saturday, noon – 5 pm on Sunday.

Do you own a hybrid?
    Then we have a lot more in store for you!!!

In addition to what the public will see and do, there are also plenty of other VIP activities for hybrid owners who sign up to become members. So if you own a hybrid car or other green vehicle, here’s what’s in store for you:
    • For those that are already in town, a Green Car Cruise-in on Thursday evening, July 16.
    • An extra day of activities on Friday, July 17 including a special presentation in the morning from our Ruby Sponsor, Ford. Also the MPG Challenge all afternoon.
    • Post-show activities Saturday evening, July 18
    • Pre-show activities Sunday morning, July 19
    Membership Registration for Hybridfest Green Drive Expo in Madison is $70 per person. Meals are extra.
    Members who attend Hybridfest Green Drive Expo will receive:
    • Hybridfest Green Drive Expo T-Shirt
    • Hybridfest Green Drive Expo Goodie Bag
    • Reserved space to show your green vehicle in the Green Drive Expo "Owners Showcase"
    • Eligibility to win awards in the Hybridfest Green Drive Expo "Owners Showcase"
    • Eligibility for special members-only door prizes
    • You and your children (under age 16) receive free admission to the Dane County Fair Friday, Saturday and Sunday (July 17-18-19)
    • Full access to the Hybridfest members hospitality area
    • Invitation to compete in the Green Drive Expo MPG Challenge (limited number of entrants) on Friday, July 17
    • Hybridfest Green Drive Expo Member-only "How-To" sessions on Sunday morning July 19, 9 a.m. - noon.
    • Invitations to the Hybridfest Green Drive Expo members-only gatherings during the weekend
    And, of course, you'll also receive the satisfaction of knowing you're helping make the Hybridfest Green Drive Expo event possible!

Please visit the web site for information and registration.

PriusChat has always been a great supporter of the event. Many of the people who attend are from PriusChat, and although Danny can't make it AGAIN this year (something about moving into a new house? Lame excuse!) we still manage to talk about PriusChat plenty.

And as always, feel free to ask any questions!!!

2. eaglesight333

eaglesight333 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dang it. If I wasn't going on a service trip that weekend. I would be there. Oh well, maybe next year.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Folks, this is a fantastic weekend trip. Madison is a beautiful city with lots to do and see in the area. Hybridfest/Green Drive is a great way to meet with, interact with, learn from and teach others about the Prius, hybrids, EVs and a multitude of other alternative energy issues. The lectures are always informative (even Tony's !).

I've been the last 2 years and sorely regret that I can't make it up this year again. It's a fun family event if you're so inclined, but it's also a great solo event b/c there are plenty of people. You can camp, stay at a hotel, whatever suits you.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I heard that it's a load of environmental-hypermiling-tree-hugging-MPG-challenging-hybrid BS!!

Having said that, I'm starting a thread for those of us looking to share hotel rooms again this year.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  6. Linda

Linda

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ::raises hand:: I'll be there! :)

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish I could make it - between the time away from work and the Mrs. not agreeing to a long road trip w/o family (and their having prior commitments), it's just not lining up. Too bad because I really enjoyed meeting all of you in Detroit and was looking forward to the reunion!

Even for the people alone, I'd definitely recommend showing up!

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    we're very sad that we won't be able to make it again this year. :( i have to graduate sometime, though... :)

it's really not to be missed- madison is a great city, wisconsin is beautiful this time of year (an especially nice break for those if you in hot climates) and last but not least, eric does a fantastic job of putting together a great program that's got something for everyone.

9. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi Galaxee, about time you were getting out of school. I would like to go to the Expo now that I have the time, unfortunately I won't have a car until my GIII shows up. Gave my BMW to the local Toyota dealer to sell on consignment so I'm driving my 17 year old pickup and anxiously waiting for the new Prius. Maybe next year.

BTW glad to hear DH is out of the car business.

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    tumbleweed! good to see you're back! :)

i hope next year we'll see ya in madison with your shiny new G3. next year should be better for me in terms of work/education-related time crunches. at least, that's what everyone is telling me.

11. Prius Prime

Prius Prime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'll be there again!
    I had a great time last year. I also got an EBH installed while I was there.:rolleyes:
    It was so much fun to meet people that I "knew" from here and other hybrid groups.
    It's fun to see so many hybrids and be in the Prius Parade when we all drive into the fairgrounds (on EV!)

Hope to meet more people this year.

Prius Prime

12. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  13. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well once again, for anyone coming to Madison, member or not, there are free installs of engine block heaters for Gen I, II and III Prius (also Camry's). Just let me know ahead of time or find me there.

Wayne

14. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Two documents just went out to registered members.
    • First, a 4-page document that covers what to expect at Hybridfest Green Drive Expo as well as housekeeping items and a schedule of events.
    • Second, a 1-page map that identifies places of interest on the festival grounds
    In case you did not get them yet, I've attached them to this post for your convenience.

Enjoy, and feel free to ask any questions!

Attached Files:

15. A Prime Factor

A Prime Factor Formerly "I want my PHEV"

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Re: Hybridfest Green Drive Expo July 18 & 19 2009. DON’T MISS IT!

I won't be coming as a member, but I'm planning to attend the public show on Saturday, hopefully more than the TWO HOURS I managed to get in last year. I have another commitment for Sunday.

16. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My last practice for the MPG challenge.

P1000583.JPG

Wayne