1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrids on NBC 11pm news in NYC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Trevor, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just saw a blurb for the 11pm news that featured the prius. I rewound the TiVo and they said the following

"They're clean, efficient and promise to deliver great gas mileage. Americans and lining up for hybrid cars and want to know more. But if you're buying one for savings, think again. Asa Aarons demonstrates, is the hybrid right for you?"

Throughout the commercial, they showed people driving or fueling or looking under the hood of their Prius.

So, I'll sit through the fear, uncertainty and doubt campaign and report back, but I doubt that there will be any real news.

2. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a bad feeling that they are going to talk about "hybrid premium cost recovery". Which is a totally false way to evaluate the product. Do you do that with conventional vehicles? No, so it doesn't apply. The only way to value a vehicle is by TCO.

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I share the bad feeling that more FUD is on its way. TCO is close, though I would suggest that TCU (Total Cost of Use) would be a more appropriate way to evaluate and compare vehicles. TCU includes emissions, which is hugely in the Prius' favour, but TCO does not.