1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HyCamry

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by hycamguy07, Jul 3, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The wife & I are looking into our next vehicle, we are torn between the HyCamry & the Prius..

I know the camry is a bigger car but I keep hearing the trunk is small, granted the Prius is a hatch back = more room and we love the prius, but the camry looks like its roomy inside..

Is this a optical illusion? are there any sites that show you the trunk size or pictures on the trunk???

2. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Try this thread from yesterday:
    camry review thread
    There are photos of the trunk and the pass through in the linked article. Looks like a shorter version of the standard Camry trunk to me.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Camrychat.com is your friend :)

The trunk is small (~10 cu ft) BUT it's supposedly very well moulded such that you can use practically all of that 10 cu ft (i.e. no weird cuts, or things jutting out to impede putting a large object inside).

The Camry is much wider so if you intend to carry 3 people in the back, take the Camry. The Prius definitely has the advantage in storage and cargo space but the Camry wins in interior passenger room. It may not have the rear legroom of the Prius (but it's close) but the front legroom is miles ahead of the Prius and like I mentioned above, it's much wider. There's also a moonroof and heated seat option if that matters.