1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hydrogen Ford Focus

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by hv74656, Nov 18, 2005.

1. hv74656

hv74656 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Progress Energy decided to have a hydrogen car show at my school today. They had a hydrogen powered Ford Focus on display all day and were handing out brochures. The presenter turned on the car a couple of times and pointed out the puff of steam from the tailpipe (and the puddle of water below it). Various comments were made about the car exploding <_< and everyone slowly backed away when the driver turned the key. Overall it was a nice car.... until I found out that they still use petroleum to make the hydrogen, and that the car can not go very fast or hold anything in the trunk. I still think it was nice that they brought the car into a school, but I don't think the driver liked it when I mentioned that the Prius could go 500 miles on 12 gallons of gas (the hydrogen car could only do 120 with the huge tank). If I had known that the car would be at school, I would had brought a camera, it's not that often something "exciting" happens at school.