1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hymotion available

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Omi, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    anyone else get their email this morning on this one?

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Greetings from the A123Systems HymotionTM product line team![/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Thank you for your interest in our product line and for filling out our Hymotion request form. We know that many of you registered for updates quite a while back and have been patiently awaiting news of our product development progress. We apologize for the silence over the past year, but assure you that we have dedicated ourselves over that time to completing development and testing of our first product, the Hymotion L5 Plug-in Conversion Module (PCM) for the 2004-2008 Toyota Prius. We have recently added several new members to the Hymotion management and customer service teams that will enable us to better respond to your questions and orders as we now move into commercial production and sale of the L5.[/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Over the past year, with the help of our fleet and demo partners, we have completed the field testing and product development protocols to produce the market’s first fully tested, standardized and publicly available PHEV conversion module - the Hymotion L5. We have released the product to mass production and are now offering the L5 for purchase by consumers, as well as fleets and government programs. Lead times for each customer will depend on overall demand and product availability, but we expect consumer deliveries to begin in July 2008.[/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']We are happy to announce that our new Hymotion website launched today with consumer order capability! We are committed to ensuring that those of you who have already expressed your interest in our products are given priority for product delivery. If you are interested in purchasing the L5 for your Prius, please reply to this email toindicate your purchase intent AND place your deposit onlineon our new website to initiate your order. A member of our customer service team will respond to you with further information regarding your order within 5 business days.[/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Also, please check out the coverage of our consumer launch today on the New York Times web site! You can also see this exclusive coverage in print in the Automotive Section of the Times Sunday edition tomorrow. [/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Thank you for your loyalty and your patience over the past year. We appreciate your interest in our Hymotion L5 conversion modules and your support of plug-in hybrid technology! Again, if you are interested in purchasing an L5, please respond to this e-mail indicating your purchase intent to ensure your priority for delivery of an L5 AND place a deposit online to initiate your order. We hope that we can serve you as customers soon! [/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']The A123Systems Hymotion Team[/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Other Hymotion Highlights:[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']First Hymotion PHEV Conversion for Individual Consumer Completed[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']We recently completed the first conversion of a privately owned Prius into a Hymotion PHEV with our L5 PCM, which we unveiled at the Washington International Renewable Energy Conference in Washington, DC on March 5th. James Woolsey, Former Director of the CIA and ardent spokesperson for US independence from foreign oil, now has the first privately owned Hymotion PHEV in the world. President Bush also stopped by our booth to check out the Hymotion PHEV: http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/index.php?article=344.[/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Hymotion Dealer Network[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']We are currently establishing and certifying our A123 Green CHIP (Certified Hymotion installation Partner) dealer network in major cities around the country. Initial Green CHIP dealers will be located in Boston, Washington, DC, Minneapolis, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.[/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']California Air Resources Board Approval [/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']In April 2008, in the absence of established PHEV certification procedures, the California Air Resources Board (CARB) working together with our team outlined a path for conditional approval for A123Systems to sell up to 500 L5 PCMs in California as a means of initiating our rollout to consumers. We are now in the process of finalizing that approval. Additionally, we and others are also working with the CARB to establish certification procedures for PHEVs. Once those CARB PHEV certification procedures are final, we expect to certify our Hymotion L5 for sale in California under those procedures with no restriction on quantities sold.[/FONT]

2. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Yes, I got the message we can now place our order for the L5 plugin option.

I went on line but the order failed twice with some error. I e-mailed [email protected] and called Keith on theor contact page and hope they fix it today. Id love to place my order and become a plug-in hybrid today ! well thy say starting in July and I have to to to LA since it's the closet place to Phoenix AZ.

I'll get it one way or the other. I've been wating for over a year now.

3. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    why would you pay $10,000 for a plug in option?

It would take you 15 or 20 years to pay for it and long before that new cars or new Prius' will have it included I'd bet.

Just sayin'

4. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :eek: $10k plus a $400 delivery fee? I ran the calculator program on my driving and It came out to be about 12 years to pay for itself. I don't imagine the batteries would last that long or the car could stand up to over 240K total miles on it. It sure is tempting, but not a slam dunk do it now mod I want to do.

Is there another tread where this is being discussed in detail?

Lee:cool:

5. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If I had that kind of cash to spend, I would do it. Some things are about more than just return on investment and, to me, burning an absolute minimum of gasoline is one of them. Maybe in a few years if the conversion cost comes down to a level in keeping with my disposable income. (It might be more than a few years, but a guy can hope.)