1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hymotion Batteries four years old, any still running?

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by rwyckoff, Aug 27, 2012.

1. rwyckoff

rwyckoff Phev's Plus Home Solar power1

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anybody got a Hymotion battery pack that is still running, or know's of someone who does? If so, how many equivalent full charges have you/they put on it.

I'm on my second battery pack, and I'm only getting about 3.8kwhr charge into it now. It's around 2 years old and has about 900 full charges. Got about the same on the first pack until the Computer gave up.

2. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My pack is still chugging along. I bought it used, so I don't know how many cycles are on it. I think the pack is probably approaching 3 years old between my ownership and the previous owner. I don't keep track of how much electricity it takes to charge, but I do drive it along the same route until depleted. I have not noticed any decrease in range yet. The pack runs out at the same spot (roughly) for the past year and a half. Sorry I can't be more accurate.