1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hymotion problem (LED: 3 blinks)

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by snookums, Sep 13, 2010.

1. snookums

snookums Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good evening PC PHEV gurus,

On my way home from work today, my Hymotion kinda stopped working as I approached my offramp. I didn't notice at first since the car didn't trow any hell up on the dash. However, I noticed that my charge was a lot higher than it should be for the end of the day, and after staring at the LED I saw that it was blinking slowly.

I have seen a lot of posts about the 13 and 14 blink issues, but only one reference to the 3 blink issue. But I wonder if mine is the same, since he said "The red light did come on briefly while I was driving and blinked three times." My LED blinks three times, then stays on for 3-4 seconds, then blinks 3 times again... repeat.

I have already contacted my local Green CHIP, but haven't heard back from them. Has anyone else seen this?

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had a 1 blink code. It means a read error with the current sensor. It reset its self after I had the car turned off for a few minutes.

Does it work fine after the car is turned off for a while?

1 person likes this.
  3. snookums

snookums Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Let it sit for 30 minutes before trying again, same blinking. And again this morning, it was on solid for about 3-4 seconds, then went into the blinking again.

I can't figure out how to reset the unit though. The manual shows me where the breaker is located, but I can't get it to pop out. Do you know how to make it pop out?

4. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The breaker only pops out when it trips.

Best thing is to get someone at Hymotion to help you or your installer.

If you find out what the blink code is please post it here.

5. snookums

snookums Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Will do. My appointment is for tomorrow at 3pm, so I will let everyone know what I learned some time tomorrow evening.

6. snookums

snookums Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm at Toyota right now, and it is the DC-to-DC converter. The pack is being replaced under warranty, but I have to leave it overnight.

So I wil be without me beloved PHEV for another day. :(

7. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK now I remember about the blink code. David Roper had the same problem.

8. snookums

snookums Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hymotion kit was replaced, looks like the replacement is a refurb of some kind. Only driven it for a day, but it looks like the batteries in the replacement kit have identical capacity and performance to my previous kit.

Warranty work was easy, no questions about my other mods or the EV button or weak 12v battery... just took out the old one and put in a new one.