1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hypermiler just got a Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Mess, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Mess

Mess New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So, I pride myself in getting a 36mpg tank on my 2010 Ford Ranger I-4 RWD. But with a second kid on the way, I needed something other than a single cab truck. So I found a 07 Prius with 72k miles on it a Carmax. That died the first day at work, so I used the 5 day no hassle return policy. Then I picked up an 2010 Prius II with 29k miles on it. I've done some reading and I know most people prefer a certified preowned Prius, but the Toyota dealership in my neck of the woods is a super dealership and rather impersonal. They also did not have a good price. My experience with Carmax has been a pleasant one, despite the drama with the 07.

I've been thinking of using my ultragauge in my Prius. I would like to know what gauges other drivers are running. I am glad to see, after a little research, that my initial feelings for the gauges were correct. I hope to continue getting above the EPA rating in this vehicle as well.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to the club! all the best!(y)

3. SteveLee

SteveLee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I

If you're doing this with that you should get 70+ in the Prius. Welcome!

4. Mess

Mess New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    well I'm not going to say 70 just yet. The Ranger is supposed to get 27mpg highway and the Prius 48. I peaked with the truck at 36mpg, an increase of one-third. And thinking, hypothetically, that all my developed skills were transferrable that would be 64 mpg on my mainly highway route to work. 20+ miles, 12+ miles of which are 65MPH