1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hypothically, let's say it was Bush senior who went into Iraq in the first gulf war...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Jun 25, 2006.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Let's say Saddam was executed. 9/11 was thwarted. OBL was found and killed. Al Zaqari plus 10 of his subsequent replacements have been killed.

But let's say a similar insurgency/civil war developed. Fast foward to 16 years to today. 10,000 american soldiers have been killed. The same exact prospects(democratically iraq government can't exist without our presence) are unchanged. Iran, Israel, Palestine is in the same state. Do we still stay?

2. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Jun 25 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]276551[/snapback]</div>
    As long as our lives are dependent on oil from the region, we will be entangled there. The middle east is the new Europe; we will be in Iraq at least 10 years, and in other places in the region from now until the last drop of oil is imported.

3. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Jun 25 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]276551[/snapback]</div>

No.

President Powell would have signed a 'peace with honor' deal, Israel would be just another Islamic ghetto of the Gaza strip, the Kurds, Sunnis, and Shia are engaged in yet another civil war

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Yes. We would gradually have withdrawn from daily combat and patrolling to being hunkered down in domed (for air-conditioning) bases, about four of them. We'd "communicate" largely by means of Patriot missiles, triggered by Iraqi/American "intelligence pairs" who would order strikes against suspected nests of insurgents. Occasionally a Patriot strays into western Iran, oh my. And Palestine, when "road map" talks bog down. And Syria. Saudi Arabia? Nah. They're still our ally.

The troops love their two weeks of R&R in Dubai, where they get to see Wayne Newton and 160-lb. Britney Spears.

5. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Jun 25 2006, 01:27 PM) [snapback]276586[/snapback]</div>

You think she will have lost that much weight? B)

6. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I guess I'm not keeping up with all the news- has Britney Spears put on weight?

7. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 25 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]276594[/snapback]</div>
    Pregnant with 2nd child? I could be mistaken about being pregnant.

8. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NuShrike @ Jun 25 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]276607[/snapback]</div>
    ANOTHER one??? Wasn't she driving around with the first baby on her lap? I know- I'm not up on this stuff as much as I should be.