1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hyundai Blue Link telematics system

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Sep 8, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Interesting... I normally don't follow this space nor Hyundai too closely but I just one of their TV ads for Blue Link™ Homepage and I guess it worked.

From my brief look at their video and web page, it looks like a competitor to systems like Onstar and Lexus Enform.

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It has all come about because of OBDIII (Note the extra "I" to make it 3). Radio transceiving of data, faults, and other info. So car makers are getting their "car-phone-home" tech working now so it is not as painful to make the rollout. This has been going on since the initial drafts over a decade ago. All car makers will have this soon, either by choice or by force (whenever it gets put into standardization).

I don't see this tech as anything interesting or groundbreaking. Now that cell towers are everywhere, all it takes is a small GPRS connected modem to an offsite data center and you're done. I did a similar project from scratch for a university class. Took me as a fulltime student 1 year start to finish.