1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am a new owner...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by suirP0102, Nov 21, 2009.

1. suirP0102

suirP0102 the human hybrid

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am getting my 2010 Prius II delivered to my work on Monday...the paint is the blizzard white, which looks great.

I lost my previous car, an 08 Saturn Astra in a flood, so I needed a new vehicle. I am pleased that I chose the Prius.

I got mine for $24,373 (before financing) with GAP protection and the Toyota Platinum Extra Care Service. My interest rate was 4.45% for 60 months. I got mine for MSRP and declined the underbody protection, paint protection and the other stuff. I also declined the dealer added options which were $695 (an appearance package). I didn't pay for new state tags, since I had my old ones from my totaled vehicle.

No Nav, since I'm ok using a Map and have been for a while. Plus my phone has GPS.

I plan on getting the Ipod cable and the lower rocker moldings and a rear cargo mat. I might get the illuminated door sills...I plan on installing my old cargo nets in the Prius from my old car which look to fit. I might even get a shark fin antenna installed if I feel like it.

The dealership offers free oil changes for the life of the car as long as I own it, but synthetic oil will cost me 17 dollars a visit. They also offer free state inspections for the life of the car. Over 5 years, the saving on state inspections are about an 80 dollar value.

I loved the drive I took in it...I can't wait to use the electric drive on the bridges and tunnel traffic that are all over Norfolk/Hampton Roads area at rush hour. I swear I lose so much money JUST idling each year.

I am not a speed demon and never have been.

This is my first hybrid and my first non-US branded car.

2. suirP0102

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    oh and Hi everyone...I am new here!:D

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    G'day, welcome to Prius Chat and love the car choice. You are going to love the Prius.

Have a good read especially the FE threads, you might be surprised how most people get the best economy from their Prius, it isn't babying it and it isn't going EV so please avail yourself of the search function and tell us all about your new (first time) Prius experience.

Attached Files:

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard!

5. suirP0102

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh and I used the seach for "mud flap" and got some great info...I love these forums!

add mud flaps to the list!

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Check around and consider using one of the online, mileage databases:

There are others including Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG and one I had to walk away from, GreenHybrid.com - The Interactive Hybrid Car Resource when the new owners 'fixed' it.

Having a mileage database gives history, a sense of how things have worked out with the car.

GOOD LUCK!
    Bob Wilson

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome!

8. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome. I wish i had free oil changes, even with the 17 dollar charge. Hope your car does good.