1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured I am looking at a Lexus UX 250h - a fancy Prius

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by chuckiechan, Oct 29, 2023.

1. chuckiechan

chuckiechan Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm here because they are mechanically pretty much the same with more do-dad's, uses premium gas, and a good five or six inches higher than my Prius. But typical of cheap skate Toyota, no dual setting buttons for the drivers seat. (Is there an aftermarket solution?")
    Our Prius is too low for failing knees, the Lexus is higher off the ground and I'm expecting more seat comfort for old people like me.
    I'm wondering if anyone has much to say about this car, good, bad, and ugly?

Speaking of worth knowing. I assume like the Corolla the entry assist handles on Prius is now installed with clips, not screws or bolts, leaving a family member of mine with a handle in his hand, and a double cheeseburger in the other!

Thanks in advance...

bisco likes this.
  2. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I hear you about the knee problem as you get older. I can get in the Prius fine, it was getting out 4 or 5 times during multiple stops when I'm running around that gets difficult. The Lexus UXh doesn't require premium gas but the ECU will add extra hp when using premium gas. Wife has been regularly using 87 octane in her NXh for years. The rear load height of the UXh is a bit high especially compared to the Prius. You'll be shocked at how very, very quiet it is. The run flats they use for tires are not the most comfortable and they don't wear as good. You can get memory seat buttons but only for the F Sport Handling trim. Don't be afraid to negotiate the price. With 6 or 7 on just about every lot, the Lexus dealers are usually willing to deal. It's a different kind of experience shopping for one. They don't usually hang around the parking lot waiting for customers. We had to go in and request to drive the NXh the wife eventually purchased.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nice looking car! (except the maw)

chuckiechan likes this.
  4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Rav4 hybrid with size and better mpg than the Lexus

#4 rjparker, Oct 29, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    chuckiechan likes this.
  5. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you want to stick to size I would also suggest the Corolla Cross Hybrid. it's AWD mpg is slightly better than the RAV4 Hybrid and the same as the UXh FWD at 42 mpg versus the RAV4 Hybrid 40 mpg (combined). But good luck getting the Corolla Cross Hybrid as availability is limited.

chuckiechan likes this.
  6. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Ask any other frequent passengers which they prefer. My wife and I are 80 and 78. Pretty good shape for our mileage. But she vastly prefers a sedan's height of ingress/egress and I the SUVs.

chuckiechan likes this.
  7. chuckiechan

chuckiechan Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You can say that again!

8. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    It has occurred to me that the Lexus NX 450h+ should be a lot like a plug-in Toyota RAV 4, except more comfortable. Been thinking about going and trying one, but there is no Lexus dealer in my county, so I don't get around to it.

Really a Prius Prime would be perfect if I could just figure out how to to give it a very smooth ride...

chuckiechan likes this.
  9. chuckiechan

chuckiechan Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was toying with redoing my Prius 4 seats, but the road noise will still be there, and so will the seat to ground measurement.
    I have not measured but the Lexus was around four inches "wheel hub to wheel hub" longer than the Prius.

10. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No Lexus dealers in my county either. Had to go a couple of counties over but we were shopping for a RAV4 Hybrid as well and the 2 dealers were close to each other. They’re night and day in noise, ride, handling and smooth operation. On my Prius Prime Advanced I had the top of line JBL sound system. My wife’s NXh had the standard sound system and it was much better. The NX 450h+ has both front seats powered while the RAV4 Prime is the driver’s seat only unless you can find the XSE with the Premium Package. NX 450h+ is not a Sport Edition like the RAV4 Prime so it will be built for comfort.

Actually the older 2017 - 2022 Prius (106.3 inches) and 2023 Prius (108.3 inches) have longer wheelbases than either the UX (103.9 inches) or NX (105.9 inches). In a couple of instances my 2017 Prius Prime had a slightly better ride than my wife’s NXh but generally it was no contest especially in the transitions between road surfaces.

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    It sounds like a great car . . . . . but . . . . no plug? no deal. It's why we unloaded our wonderful Lexus RX hybrid SUV for a lowly minivan - the plug.