1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am on the bubble.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Absolutly Red Hot, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I have a Honda Ridgeline and I am getting maybe 19 mpg. I really need to get off the Pump and buy a new Prius C. I am glad I found this site to help me learn more about the Prius life style. I currently fly down the frwy at 80mph and consider my truck to be not that powerful. I know your saying you don't sound like a Prius C owner. I think I can be converted. I have a Daughter starting College next year so I will need all the Gas savings I can find. So what do you all recommend? model, options, color, Thanks for the welcome.

2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    were it me I'd get the 4 and load it up! Enjoy whatever you choose.:)

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If the Ridgeline is paid off, you won't save enough in fuel costs to make up for the new car payment according to fueleconomy.gov.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I haven't seen a Prius c in person, but I'd also strongly consider the regular Prius (aka liftback).

5. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I know there are a few 2011 Prius liftbacks left floating around, I just bought 2 about a month ago. As far as options go I have a Prius 3, which has all the bells and whistles I need. Bluetooth, sat radio, JBL sound, pwr windows locks etc. It does have cloth seats, which I prefer anyway. You might be able to get a better deal on a 2011 if you can find one. I know they were offering 0% financing on them, not sure if they still are though. Oh and if you want to get the best gas mileage you aren't gonna be able to go 80 anymore. I find that 70 is a happy speed where I still get around 50mpg. Also the regular Prius is more efficient on the highway so if you do mostly highway driving it might work better for you.

6. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thanks for all the advice. I went for the New 2012 Priuc C. I bought new because I work at BOA and they offer $3,000 to employees that buy Hybrids. I also bite because High trade-in on my Ridgeline was $12,000 and the Dealer came up with $12,600. So the money was right. Cut my monthly payment in half and also cut my gas bill in more then half. Also it takes very little wax and energy to cover the whole car. The Truck was a Bummer to wash & wax. Also It fits in the garage with enough room to walk around and get my Mower and bike out. I am very pleased.

7. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    How many months were left on your truck loan, and how many remain on your new car loan ?

I figure this is a good question to ask someone who works at a bank.

8. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Assumptions are made here how many miles a month are driven. And of course all the expenses unrelated to fuel are ignored and are likely not equal between the two vehicles.