1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Am One Of You Now

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by trebblekicked, Nov 22, 2010.

1. trebblekicked

trebblekicked New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lucky enough to live in a city where driving is far from a necessity- I can walk most places I need to go, bike most others. I've kept a '96 Saturn for the past decade as an "as needed" car, but it's finally dying its last death. So I just bought its replacement- a seaside pearl '06 Prius, leased and returned to original dealer, certified and whatnot with a clean bill of health and less than 23k miles on it. I'm pretty sure it came with package 6 (6 disc changer, backup cam, no nav system). I'm quite pleased.

Frankly, with the kind of driving I do (less than 1500 miles per year on average) it's almost overkill, but I'll consider it severance comfort for the years I spent in a barely functioning Saturn. I'll be picking it up Friday and look forward to driving around my city without fear that a piece of the engine will fall out. I actually bought it in PA where I'll be for Thanksgiving, so my first drive in it will be the 7 hour one back home to Chicago.

Figured I'd transition to a more-engaged style of car-ownership to go along with my new purchase, so I signed up here to glean and learn and whatnot. The first thing I'd like to learn is how iPhone users can maximize integration with the Prius, so off to the search function I go.

My real name is Mike. Trebblekicked is an old internet psudeonymn that just won't die. I'm in my early 30's and I'm a professional comedian. Huzazh.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Enjoy your ride.

3. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome Mike!

A couple of other topics you might want to look into.

1) Battery (the small 12 volt battery) issues with a car that isn't regularily driven. The battery is much smaller than a conventional car's battery.

2) The "guess" gauge (gas gauge) and the bladder in the fuel tank. In short, there is an emissions limiting bladder in the fuel tank that is somewhat flexible (more so in warm weather). This flexibility prevents you from truly "knowing" how much fuel is in your tank. The common work around is to refuel with "2 pips" on the fuel gauge. This way, you won't be left stranded, looking less smug than you otherwise might. :p

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's good news. Nothing but amateurs around here. :cool:

5. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome abord Mike. Have fun with your Prius.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hurrah, Chicago!
    Welcome to Priuschat, Mike! :welcome:

I'm shocked that you were able to find such a low-mileage Prius. Congrats on the good find. Get comfy; there's a lot to learn.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and :welcome: to PriusChat!

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid