1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am trying to buy my daughter a car and have a 2007 Prius on hold help.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Rala, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Rala

Rala New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am a woman almost 50 with a 22 year old daughter with a 3 year old severally disabled baby from birth I know nothing about even how to use a smartphone she was in a accident that totaled her vehicle 2 weeks ago and we are trying to buy a replacement since the baby has so many drs appointments that must be met however the dealer brought this vehicle out at the last minute and we know nothing about technology and even where to learn about it I can barely use a computer is a Prius a type of vehicle that is not meant for people like us?

2. haole man

haole man Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Unless you plan on doing the repairs yourself, you shouldn't have any problems. It drives like any other car.

3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...should work for you...you don't need to know anything special. It is a good family car with adequate space for child seat in rear seats and strollers or wheel chairs etc. in the liftback. What state are you in and what miles are on the 2007? You get battery warranty coverage out to 10000o miles or 150000 miles depending on your state.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! if you have a boatload of cash reserves for unexpected repairs, go for it. otherwise, look at a camry/corolla/yaris. all the best!(y)

5. joeman

joeman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't think that applies to all older Prius cars at all.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all cars can have unexpected problems. anyone buying a prius should understand the difference between them and a gasser and the cost of potential repairs. i didn't mean it would happen, but you can certainly see that it does happen when you spend some time here. i wouldn't want to recommend a hybrid to someone as if there isn't a very small chance that they might need to spend a few thousand to repair it. you need to have a plan B in life, imo.:)

7. joeman

joeman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I can understand that, with someone on a budget . A transmission blowing out on a conventional older car can be very expensive too. So when your on a budget and all you have to choose from is older cars, it is all a gamble . And I have said on here and some others, older Prius can have less to go wrong. I think the main thing is buying from the right party. You buy one off Jim Bobs used car lot, you better have it looked over good.

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed.

9. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    You need to get a carfax report first. If it has been wrecked I would not buy it. If carfax report is clean then I would take it to Toyota and have them to check it out before I would buy it.

10. joeman

joeman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    She had one post , she may be gone on to geochat.

11. Toad33

Toad33 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    ..................... I just added all of the periods you should have used.

It is a fine car like any other and a wise choice for your daughter.