1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I bet you didn't know that!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusOwner004, Oct 7, 2007.

1. PriusOwner004

PriusOwner004 New Member

I just found out by accident that the key has a tiny red light which comes on every few seconds when you are inside the car before you press the start button. Since the key is always in my pocket I never saw that till today.

2. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You're right, I didn't know that. I knew there was a red light but I had no idea it flashed to show SKS activity. Will have to check this out...

3. Russell

Russell New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just found out by accident that the key has a tiny red light which comes on every few seconds when you are inside the car before you press the start button.

I also have a 2007, but I don't see any light on the FOB or key. Where am I going wrong? :(

Russ

4. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't know that either. Will check it out next time.

5. Tchou

Tchou Member

I knew that, and the light doesn't come "on" as long as the key doesn't chat with the car.... so you can see it when approaching the car and if you do nothing the light inside the car will go on...
    It's funny because it feels like the car recognized it's master when you come toward it.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    actually, I might be one of the few that knows. It's cool cause the light is behind a clear plastic.

It also blinks as you approach the car and blinks once when you press the lock or unlock button on the fob.

7. Russell

Russell New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusOwner004 @ Oct 7 2007, 02:22 AM) [snapback]522370[/snapback]</div>
    Finally, I found the light you are talking about. It's on the bottom left hand cornor of the FOB when viewing the side of the FOB that has the lock and unlock buttons.

I did know of the two lights that come on the dash where the FOB is to be inserted and the overhead cabin light coming on when you get near the car and have the FOB with you.

Russ

8. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I knew that too. I also saw it on an earlier thread... possibly the "obscure facts about your Prius" thread.