1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I bought a Priuis package IV!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 'E', Dec 10, 2009.

1. 'E'

'E' Erik

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    First time poster on these boards. I've been lurking for a bit learning as much as I could about the gen. III Prius. I'm happy to say I bought my Prius package IV with nav (classic silver, dark gray interior) on Monday and have been loving it since!

I'm coming from BMW and I'm really impressed with this car. It's really a tech nut's dream come true. I had a hell of time getting my iPhone 3gs to work properly at first but now all is well ... probably user error! :)

I just wanted to say a quick thanks to the Prius Chat community for all the useful information here. I was able to answer a lot of questions I had from the comfort of my couch. I'm glad to know I'll have a great place to come with questions as they come up.

I'll post some pictures when I have five posts!

Thanks!

Erik

I was apparently so excited I spelled Prius wrong in the thread title! If a mod would kindly fix? :)

2. codybigdog123

codybigdog123 Got Mad and Left in a Tizzy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Eric in Las vegas. Did you get the solar roof? I'm sure you will use it in Vegas. I also have a IV, and opted for the solar roof (mainly interested in a sun roof, but the solar roof is pretty effective in cooling the interior on hot days). I'm coming from a Jag, and while I do miss the power every now and then, I am quite impressed with the Prius, and in the PWR mode, how responsive it can be...but to help manage expecations, I keep reminding myself that the Prius was never designed to be a BWM or Jag clone. It is, what it is, and what it is, is quite nice. Enjoy!

3. garygid

garygid Senior Member - Blizzard Pearl

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome, and glad you like it.

Be aware of the two main safety issues:
    1. Overly-agressive "creep" at startup.
    2. Bounce/Skid "loss" of Regen Braking.

I have just 4000 in 4.6 months, and really enjoy my Prius-III.

Reading the manuals always put me to sleep. :)

4. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome.

I didn't get the Solar roof because I wanted to be able to put a roof box on top of the prius in the future.

Hope you enjoy it.

5. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Good on you! Welcome to the Pri...assimilation's not all bad.

6. risingsun

risingsun seeker of the way

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ouch! That's going to hurt that coefficient of friction... But one's gotta do what one's gotta do sometimes! :p

7. 'E'

'E' Erik

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Nope, no solar sunroof for me. All my other cars had sunroofs and I never used them. I decided not to spend the extra cash this time. I am enjoying those heated seats, though! It was twenty-eight degrees this morning in Vegas!

So far I think I only have one question. My Beagle is pretty much the only occupant of the back seat. I do have a back seat cover (carefully place not to cover the vent) to keep it clean but do I need to worry at all about his hair getting in the battery vent at all? I see no reference to a filter of any sort in it in the manual.

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't have an answer for you but wanted to congrats you on the IV. Those leather seats are killer and I don't think you can miss averaging 50 MPG's, so you're set.

9. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    comment deleted