1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I bought a Prius today!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NHPrius, Mar 24, 2005.

1. NHPrius

NHPrius New Member

[font=Comic Sans MS:1a50c11d79]I found a dealership with one on the lot so I test drove it and ended up bringing it home with me. I am so excited!!!!!!

2. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope you like it. I love mine. Happy motoring!

3. NHPrius

NHPrius New Member

Thanks Dave!! I notice that you have the Millennium Silver - that is the color that I got too!! I am just ooooozing with excitement that I can hardly contain myself!! If it weren't after midnight I would be cruising around in it!! I didn't leave the dealership unitl after 9:30 PM though so I have to wait until tomorrow to go play... lol!

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    100 points to the new overjoyed owner!

5. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
  6. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hello and Congratulations!

As another owner of one of the nicest IMHO colors that this car comes in (of course Tideland, Seaside, Salsa, Super White, and black are all super) I hereby welcome you with open arms to the Prius family!

Which option package did you get? If you are anything like I was (and still am as is evidenced by my writing on this board at 11:23 pm my time) you will be reading everything that came in the glove box and everywhere else that you can get to.

These cars are a wonder and the people who own them have, in my experience been just a wonderful as the cars that they own.

Good luck with your new toy it just gets better and better as time goes on!

Take care,

Tisza

7. NHPrius

NHPrius New Member

LOL! I put 200 miles on it today and am so in love with this car it isn't funny. I was even able to fit a box w/ a big gas grill in it from Home Depot into the back once I folded the back seats down. This car is absolutley amazing!!

8. bobc

bobc New Member

More points to a fellow NH Prius owner!

Priuses are starting to show up everywhere! I took a 70 mile trip yesterday and saw 4 others!

Enjoy,
    -bob

9. NHPrius

NHPrius New Member

Hi Bob in Durham! We are practically neighbors!! I work in Dover but live up in Milton Mills.

I drove around Rochester, Dover and went to Portsmouth twice yesterday and was looking to see other Priuses but never saw another one! I know they are out there though - I just hope to be able to wave to a fellow Prius owner soon!!!

10. Cyclesome

Cyclesome New Member

Congrats on your new Prius. I am envious. My dealer called me with news that he should have my Salsa before the end of this month not next month as he had originally indicated. I just need the sell my Saturn Vue fast before my Salsa arrives or else use it as a trade in which is not as beneficial. I am looking forward to driving my new Prius as well. In my area I have only ever seen one other Prius on the road.
    Congratulations once again.

11. jaybee

jaybee Junior Member

Congratulations!

I'm amazed at just how enthusiastic I am about my car.

As I've said before, I've even found myself kind of wishing my morning commute were longer! Enjoy!

12. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I just got my M. Silver #6 last saturday (skipped waiting list, I was first to drive this one) and already have to fill it up again on monday. My commute is pretty enjoyable now, since it used to be 1:45 on busses to get to work.

Have you turned of the reverse beep yet? My dealer said it is the most often asked question from new owners (he sells 10 a week). I found out how to do it on PriusChat, and told him about it. He's planning on doing it to customer's cars on request now. This site is a wealth of information.

I also suggest looking for threads about learning how to drive for best gas milage. As I've been practicing, I've watched my average go up at least 1 or 2 mpg per day during my commute. I'm expecting my next tank to be very good.

My last tip that I picked up here is to expect even better milage once the weather warms up.

Enjoy your new Prius!

13. bobc

bobc New Member

Well cool!

I'll keep an eye out for a Silver one with a woman behind the wheel with a great, big smile, then I'll know it's you!

I give the Prius wave so if you see a wave from a Tideland in these parts, it's probably me (I haven't seen any other Tidelands around...).

Cheers and have fun,
    -bob

14. BoBraxton

BoBraxton New Member

Fairfax, VA, silver Pkg# 2 purchased late into the evening on Monday, 28th (last night). Look for Rev. Beth to be driving on Roberts Road or on Burke Centre Parkway.