1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I bought it

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kidtwist, Apr 2, 2005.

1. kidtwist

kidtwist New Member

Just came on home with 2005 White Prius (option pkg #1). Didn't really expect to buy one today. The dealer called me last night and told me they had a pkg #1, and I (once again) got cold feet and said no. Then when I took my Tacoma out this morning to drive to the store it started behaving weirdly, getting very little power for some reason.

So I made up my miind and drove to the dealership and bought a Prius. Got it for MSRP. It was right off the boat, and covered in plastic, so I had to wait a while for them to get it ready. I actually felt said looking at my old truck sitting there in the parking lot, all dirty and forlorn. I felt like I was abandoning it. It served me well for 8 years.

Got 44.2 MPG on the way home. The only issue I have is that I think the alignment is a little off. Has a lot more power than my truck--the speedometer kept creeping up over 80. I see I'll have to develop some new driving habits.

The dealer (Toyota San Diego) had six more Priuses sitting there on the lot, by the way--all package #6, and waiting for buyers.

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Congrats!

Now change your signature . . . it’s out of date. You are now a CPO. :wink: (And being down in San Diego, that could mean something else. Ahoy!)

3. kidtwist

kidtwist New Member

Signature changed. I'm now a "Certifiable Prius Owner." :wink:

4. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE