1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I broke the wire that is connected to 12V battery. What it is?

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by alexk345, Jan 23, 2024.

1. alexk345

alexk345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    [​IMG]

2. alexk345

alexk345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Ok there is center bar holding battery and there is a cable connected to it. It is connected to it via teflon connector. I broke it as i move center bar left to take out battery.

HELP!!

My display button in my steering wheel do not work. Not sure its connected to it.

Who can explain to me.

Every thing else work.

Also my battery loses charges every few days.

3. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    The battery should have a fat wire connected to the negative terminal, a fat wire connected to the positive terminal, a skinny wire connected to I forget which terminal, and a small black hose that runs from the battery to outside.

The fat negative wire is your ground to the body. The fat positive wire runs up front and powers all the small stuff, the skinny wire is what the car uses to monitor the charge state of the battery, and the hose is a safety vent in case the battery overcharges and starts outgassing, so it just vents outside. I don't know what would be connected to the tie down bar.

someone has retrofitted a yellowtop battery into your car. It may not have a connection point for the hose. They are a good battery and should not fail weekly. Have you checked for a parasitic drain?

MalachyNG likes this.
  4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you're talking about the wire attached to the thing that sits on the battery hold-down bracket, the thing is the temperature sensor (allowing the car to adjust the charging to the temperature around the battery) and that's what the wire is for.

douglasjre likes this.
  5. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Eco is missing from the display? Solder it back

6. alexk345

alexk345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Ok that is not the problem for battery discharging in 30min. There is something running at engine side all the time even car is off