1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I came back to Prius ownership!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by seasidetraveler, Aug 19, 2010.

1. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oye; where to begin lol. I first had a 2005, then a 2006 Prius and kept the '06 for 3 years. I rolled over a negative onto the '06 so I owed substantially more than it was worth and had a high (7.25%) interest rate- I saw the resale value dipping lower and lower as the miles stacked up. I decided to buy a gently used, low mileage VW GTI that was certified and had a great 3.9% rate and long warranty standard. I soon learned how SPOILED I was with my Prii! Oil changes were now $80, tires were $800, and premium fuel hit hard! I debated what to do... I found myself wanted to go on road trips (I LOVE to travel) and wanting to run around like I used to, but the fuel cost stopped me most of the time.

Fast forward to today; I leased a 2010 Package III with solar sun-roof! I will eventually sell the GTI but for now just keep paying it down and have a fun extra car.

I can't wait to head out of town!:)

edit: Anyone know how to disable the reverse beep yet? I saw lots of pages but haven't scrolled through all of them yet...

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Dont want to sound too intrusive, but it sounds like you are living way above your means? I am all for people getting better cars, but it seems like this could really hurt you financially if anything unexpected happens.

7.25% interest says to me bad credit, and there is only one way to get that...

Enjoy your Prius!

3. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    HAHA Actually that was an average APR 4 years ago. I have a 790 FICO. Never been late on a payment of any kind; no credit card debt. I am living quite comfortably thank you very much :)

4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok, good then. I see so many people around here that over extend themselves and get in trouble.

7.25% just sounds really high. We got 4% in 2004, and something in the 3 range in 2006. This year we got about 1.9%. :)

5. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea I don't quite know why it was that high- it may have been due to the negative carried over. I LOVE cars and they are my financial downfall if I have one. I love to drive and can't justify wasting any more gas than I "should". It is like "I have to eat to live, but I don't eat $20 meals every day"; so I "have" to drive but can't justify paying so much on a burned fuel. Obviously I don't HAVE to go out of town... but I hope you understand... I do great in real estate and don't mind supporting a car habbit he he he.

6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome back! Don't ever make the same mistake again. :D

7. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You have to take it to the dealership to disable the reverse beep. They use a laptop to do it. Fortunately, the disabling of the reverse beep is listed in the owner's manual, thus if any dealership says it is illegal, voids your warranty, will cause global extinction, can be directed to the owner's manual. Dealers should also change this preference free of charge.

Some want to charge money, don't let them.

Enjoy your new car. My brother has a similar "affliction". My best advice is to have a nice daily driver (Prius) and your "fun" car for when you want to expand beyond your Prius' strongpoints. Try not to keep trading your "fun" car or your daily driver and you should be fine.

8. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you have a ScanGauge, or can borrow one, we can point you to the right pages.

Lacking that or a similar device, the dealer will have to do it.

9. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the help!