1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Can't Be The Only One Out There Who Finds The Multi-Information Display Difficult To Read--Do You?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by marygreenthumb, Apr 18, 2012.

1. marygreenthumb

marygreenthumb New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    It can't be only me who finds the Multi-Information Display hard to read. I'm a little
    less than 20/20 in my vision, but, if I don't
    take out magnification glasses to use, I cannot read the display that's shown. During the daytime the problem is doubled due to sun glare and the red-color messages hard to see. I wish Toyota had chosen a better color to display its information and had some sort of a built-in magnification system for those of us who are not the Bionic Man or Bionic Woman
    who don't have Bionic Eyes! What do you
    think? :car:

2. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Re: I Can't Be The Only One Out There Who Finds The Multi-Information Display Difficult To Read--Do

I have no trouble reading it, though I can't picture what red-color messages you're talking about? Maybe twice I've had trouble when the sun was setting behind me, so it was shining directly on it. That was interesting because I couldn't see what speed I was going. Both times were brief, though, and overall I've found it pretty easy on the eyes.

3. managerman

managerman Prius v Nerd

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Re: I Can't Be The Only One Out There Who Finds The Multi-Information Display Difficult To Read--Do

No issues either...it is very bright and easy to read...maybe the brightness of the display needs to be adjusted on your car? I think it much easier to see than the Hatchback display.

-M

4. Koolfreak

Koolfreak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

No problem at all either.

5. arude

arude New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

try putting the contrast setting on full-. not +. It worked for me. Iam referring to navigation screen

6. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

I dont have a problem with seeing the screen.

DO you keep on the eco score screen?
    That may be the best screen to have it on, and also to see if you just glance once in a while.

7. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

Update ur prescription. I havenew glasses coming next week, and new contacts in now. It helps.

8. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

If you lean on the dealer a bit, he may include a new pair of glasses....just a thought,.
    Seriously, I had read that the glare was a problem however i took a C for a test drive a few days ago (and ordered one the next day) and I did not experience this problem.

9. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

The big problem is finding glasses/contact prescription that puts the sweet spot where you need it. Sometimes I feel like old Fred Sanford, rummaging through the glasses drawer to find the right pair.

10. JarOfAlmonds

JarOfAlmonds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c

I have no problem either and I definitely need to update my glasses prescription.

11. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Judging from the OP's post, I think a vision problem might be involved. I know I have one after reading that post.

Tom