1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I can't find an mp3 cord

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 4chi, Mar 26, 2007.

1. 4chi

4chi New Member

What I'm looking for is a very simple cord that goes into the ipod headphone jack on one end and then into the auxilary port in the glove box on the other end.

Basically the male end of a headphone cord on both ends.

After 15 minues online, I apparantly cannot figure out the right words to make this kind of a cord come up.

Anyone have one, bought one, can tell me what I should search for. Finding such a simple $2.00 cord is making me nuts.

Thanks

2. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Run out to RadioShack and pick one up.

If you refuse to leave the house for it, I'd use search terms like "male to male mini patch cable", since "mini" is the type of adapter, that's probably the one term that you were missing to get the best result:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=male+t...amp;btnG=Search

3. John in LB

John in LB Life is good

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4chi @ Mar 26 2007, 07:05 AM) [snapback]412267[/snapback]</div>
    Go to Radio Shack store. they have the cable for about 5 bucks (take your headphones or IPod with you so that you are 100% certain you picked up the right one.)

4. 4chi

4chi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Mar 26 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]412273[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks....I searched some more and found a Zip-Linq - Audio cable - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm (M) - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm (M) - 4 ft on Amazon, should do the trick.

The annoying part of all this is that my ipod and the adaptor cord disappeared this weekend. I think someone snatched it from the car. I came out to my car once this weekend and it was unlocked, but I thouight nothing of it. Then I look for the ipod yesterday and it and the cord are gone, which makes me thing somone swiped it because i never take the cord out of the car, just the ipod. oh well.

5. bpeschka

bpeschka Junior Member

I just bought a Belkin male-male mini-stereo cable at Wal-Mart. 6 ft. $4.47 +tax

BUT ... when I plugged it into the AUX jack and IPOD, pressed Play on Ipod, chose AUX on stereo ... no sound. Don't know, at the moment, if the cord is wrong or the car is wrong.

I have Prius package 4, super duper JBL with AUX jack in the console so I assume it should be all set to work.

6. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BillP @ Mar 26 2007, 08:02 PM) [snapback]412676[/snapback]</div>
    Check the volume on the iPod, make sure it's not set really low. Since you've got it hooked into the headphone jack, it will be subject to the iPod's volume control.

7. pkittie

pkittie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Zorg @ Mar 26 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]412679[/snapback]</div>

Yeah, if you have an 8gb Nano, they've installed a new volume control option (under "Settings", then "Volume Limit" in the Nano menu). Apparently some kid blew out their eardrums and their parents sued. The only caveat is that in the car, you have to have the Nano up at full volume, so make sure to turn it down before you use headphones-I almost blew out my eardrums that way. Very inconvenient.

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pkittie @ Mar 27 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]413291[/snapback]</div>

Then you should buy a DICE kit. :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. pkittie

pkittie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Mar 27 2007, 11:13 PM) [snapback]413410[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I have this internal battle between the Lockpick 3 and DICE. I'm a pretty handy girl, but the prospect of dismantling the dashboard is daunting (how's that for alliteration :)?) And from what I understand, the DICE is not guaranteed to work on a 2007.