1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I cant find my new Inverter Coolant Pump?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by uart, Oct 24, 2011.

1. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got the inverter coolant pump replaced under recall today. I know it's working because I can see the fluid circulating, but when I look to the position where the old pump was located I can't see the new pump - or it looks totally different.

Before it looked just like that in the photo that Patrick posted here : http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-.../65173-how-replace-inverter-coolant-pump.html

Before when I looked there I could see the pump with the two hoses connected and the electrical plug and all. Now when I look there I can see something black and rectangular, but no hoses or anything. Where's it gone? :confused:

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How about providing some photos of the area.

3. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Maybe you need a light.<grin> Hal

1 person likes this.
  4. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Doh - Don't worry I was looking in the wrong place and in poor light.

I picked it up late yesterday afternoon and there wasn't much light by the time I got home. I looked down where I thought I remembered it was located and could just make out something black and rectangular. I felt around and couldn't feel the hoses or anything like what I expected. I think I had hold of the engine mount. :p

Just took a look today in the daylight and I can see the pump look just like it should. :)

5. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey uart you'll give us Aussies a bad name.:rolleyes:

6. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey I'm blaming the poor light and sticking to my story. :p

Interestingly there was another thing that threw me off the track. I was looking for something new and shiny and the dealer seems to have used a dirty old second-hand part that looks like it's already been on a car for at least 100,000 km!

Actually I'm really bummed out about this and have started a new thread to discuss it here: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...econd-hand-coolant-pump-what-should-i-do.html