1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I can't recommend this dashboard 'pad'

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ES44AC, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have used the " Sticky Pad" on other cars with success and no damage. It has no adhesive on it, it just stays due to the type of vinyl it's made of. If it gets dirty somehow, you can just remove it, wash it off and put it back where you want it. Very handy for cell phones, sunglasses etc.

The trouble is that after having one on the Prius for only about 3k miles I now have marks on the 'elephant hide' dash material where the pad was. I was horrified to see them and though that maybe Armor All would even up the color where the marks are but it didn't.

I have emailed the manufacturer and will have to wait until next week to see if they reply at all.

Is there some sort of vinyl dressing that I could apply to the dash to hide these marks? I'm thinking maybe a recon shop would have something.

I am po'd to say the least it's right in the center of the dash where it's visible of course. The car is garaged and only sits in the sun when parked. Since it's white it never seems to get that hot inside, but that's still no excuse for the marking of the vinyl.

So it any of you are using one better pull it up and check it out.

I am only relating my experiences pro and now "con" with this pad, it has worked fine on other vehicles. It may be that there is some sort of chemical reaction between the Prius dash plastic and the vinyl of the pad.

Regards and thanks in advance

IMG_9321 (Large).JPG