1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I did it and I didn't have to beat the wife or kick the dog

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by havanese_boy, Dec 10, 2007.

1. havanese_boy

havanese_boy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a 2005 Prius with the JBL 6 Disc system, but no AUX. For the past two years I have been using a tape adapter, but I finally decided to change that.

I bought the CoastalTech Ultimate LockPick 1 and this past Saturday I installed it in 1 hour and 20 minutes. Trust me I'm no mechanic, but after my initial fear of "popping" the vents and panels off, I was able to coast through the instructions and install the lockpick.

You can read elsewhere about all the features this pick unlocks, but for me dialing the phone and being able to use my Zune and other video devices were the features I really wanted.

I ran the RCA plugs through the back of the storage bin (under the radio) and it's a clean install.

Now I can use my zune or I can hook up my Archos 605 wifi and watch video on the MFD, view pictures, or surf the web via the travel adapter for the archos.

It was worth the money.

2. HighBreed

HighBreed Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Awesome. I'm thinking of getting the zune but don't know if you can control it from the MFD using CoastalTech Ultimate LockPick 1.

3. havanese_boy

havanese_boy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just so you know you cannot control the zune from the MFD. The connection from the lockpick is three RCA plugs - audio left and right and video. So for the zune I just used a mini plug/rca plug adapter and connected it to the lockpick and for my Archos 605 wifi I bought the travel adapter and used it to connect to the pick.

So today at lunch I ate at a drive up service and sat in my car and watch an episode of Dexter using the pick.