1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I did not get the H3 !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by funpilot, Jun 20, 2005.

1. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

Well, my never ending saga of problems with my H3 dealer led me to abandon that path. So, I bought an Avalanche instead. The early reports coming in now on the H3's gas mileage are not good.....12-13 mpg. So, I cannot believe I will actually do better with the Avalanche I bought with mpg close to 17-19.

On the Hummer site, the grumbling is already starting....if gas mileage is this low, might as well just get the H2. If these do not get better as the trucks break in, Hummer brand is toast.

2. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, it has all the aerodynamics of a brick. My bus punches a 9 x 11 foot hole in the air, and still supposedly gets 9 mpg with my foot planted firmly to the floorboards, running it at its 60 mph top speed (3800 rpm).

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    either way, it's running on old OHV technology. Durable but inefficient

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I hope you got that Avalanche for over $11,000 off sticker. They really are very slow sellers, and the discount is 25-30%, even before the "Employee Discount" sale was started.

For pete sake's, tow something or haul something, will ya? Use that truck like it ought to be used.

Nate

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's funny, because the Avalaches are very popular down here in the South. Of course, just about any truck is :)

6. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

I got it for about 10k off sticker. I will be towing about 5000 pounds, a load my Prius could not do. So, yes, I got it because I need it.

7. Venturer

Venturer New Member

Funpilot, You will love the Avalanche. I was going to run the wheels off of mine before I traded, but these prices have me thinking about a new one. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned including our 05 Prius. Highway mileage @ 65-70mph is 17-18. I have a friend with an 05 and he doesn't get as much as his 02 did. Mine is an 02 with 70,000 miles and I still have the original tires yet. I rotate them a lot and they will still be safe at 80,000 miles, but will replace them for winter. $10,000 off a loaded one is common and I will talk to a dealer on Monday that is supposed to do it for $12,000 off the $44,400 list price.

Good Luck with your new one, Doug

8. bookrats

bookrats New Member

9. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

Well, my first day driving my new Avalanche was quite surprising. It is a very nice truck that rides surprisingly well. Taking all the fuel saving tricks I have learned driving my Prius, I got 24.3 mpg my first day and over 22 mpg the second day. My best guess is that once I am over the break in period I will average about 20 mpg driving with a heavier foot.

I paid 30k for mine.