1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I DON'T BELIEVE MY LUCK!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Allen, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi again: Yesterday, I was told by my car broker that she had located a Silver Prius, number 1 option, 3500 miles; dealer asking about 2000k above MSRP for a "certification package". I decided to go with it, given the scarcity of these critters and the thought of waiting another 6 months. I was up at
    3am trying to reconcile myself to my changing fortunes, and could I live with a silver car (second to last choice of color). I talked with my partner about all this and his reaction was slightly negative about paying the surcharge, which didn't help my anxieties, but I appreciated the honesty.
    So, this morning, I check my email and find a message from someone on the chat line who saw a seaside pearl, number 7, sitting on a sales block and the car was actually unsold. I might add that this guy lives in a rural part of my state and the Prius might not be the hot seller there that it is on the coast. The asking price was 1500 above MSRP, but my contact told me that the dealer was willing to negotiate a few months ago and maybe he would now. I called the number and sure enough, he did negotiate and sold me the car at MSRP. The price for this car, which is my first color and option choice, is about the same as the first offer with the 2k markup.
    This was a lesson in the value of this chatline and how we can help each other out. I am fortunate that this individual had the courtesy to email me with information that proved to be a great help. I think we should all try and keep our eyes open for stray Prii because they are out there.
    Bob

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's awesome, Bob! I'm glad that someone was able to help you out. Congrats on getting the car and color you wanted!

3. rockluvr

rockluvr New Member

Congratulations, Bob!! Hope it all works out for you. :)

I, too, think this site is awesome. Thanks, Danny, for all your hard work to make this site what it is and to all the very knowledgeable and helpful members.

4. jeffrey

jeffrey New Member

Welcome to the club, Bob, you're gonna love your new car!

I , too, would like to express my great appreciation of this site. It has proved invaluable to me thus far, and its kinda fun, too :)

Thanks Danny! :)

Peace

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm so glad for you Bob, congrats on getting exactly what you wanted. The fun's just starting.

6. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Gotta move this thread Danny -- this is hidden in the wrong forum!

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Whoops, didn't realize where it was when I first clicked on it :)

Consider it moved!

8. johnp

johnp New Member

Bob, Glad I could help. I went by the lot on my way in this morning and there is a big orange SOLD sign in the window of the Prius.

John

9. priitis

priitis New Member

Congratulations Bob!
    :clap:
    Enjoy!

10. bbridgewater

bbridgewater New Member

I'll share my excitement on this thread, since it fits my sentiments...

I'm flying to Houston Monday morning to pick up my Driftwood 9 from Ron Carter Toyota in Alvin, TX. Yesterday I started emailing all the Houston-area dealerships again, and this car was on its way to the dealership from the port. The person who'd originally ordered it tired of the wait and bought something else, so it was available!! Paid MSRP, I'm shelling out bucks to fly to Houston and taking off a couple of days from work, but I'M FINALLY GETTING A PRIUS!

I know, it's not in my garage yet, but man am I STOKED!

(insert crazed squeal of delight here...think Howard Dean!)

The 600 mile drive home will be fun...I'll have questions for you all by the time I get back. I feel like after my 130-day wait, I'll finally become an official member of this very elite club of Prius Owners!

Can I get a HALLELUJAH?!
    Beth