1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I don't feel "Manly" anymore

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rjmiz, Dec 11, 2006.

1. rjmiz

rjmiz New Member

Avg gas mileage 48MPG.
    Male "Manly" factor 0.

I have owned SUV's for the past 8 yrs. So I love the savings in gas.
    My male pride has suffered a great deal by the trade off.

I'm not a "Green Peace" guy. I'm not eco friendly in any way.
    I feel as though I'm driving a car made of tissue paper. It's made of tin.

I like the way it handles, love the gas consumption, love the gadgets and gizmos.
    I hate the size, shape, tires, headlights, and seats. Nothing aggressive about this car.
    It has a passive personality. You don't even turn a key! You push a button!

No VERRRRRRRRRRRooooom! starting the engine. No grabbing the gear shift lever and throwing
    it to submission to the gear of MY choice.

I have developed a complex. I'm afraid to be seen by the boys, while I'm daintily zipping down the road,
    as they are gathered for the weekly fill up at at the gas station. I'm sure I will be missed.

I'm thinking of wearing a ski mask while driving in the neighborhood, until such time as I can make an appointment with a therapist

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The more manly the male, the less he has to prove it. If your new ride bothers your friends, perhaps they lack confidence in their sexuality. B)

Tom

3. kDB

kDB New Member

I once made a comment to someone who said something about my Prius. "I've got my own balls, I don't need to buy a car with them." Seriously, it's just a car.

4. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miz @ Dec 11 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]360346[/snapback]</div>
    The car's got plently of kick. Just hit the highway. Go 80. Pass some SUVs. You'll feel plently manly. And you'll still be getting about 45mpg.

5. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you really feel that way, and aren't just trolling us new fish (and I mean that in a good way), perhaps you would share how you became interested in the Prius and ended up purchasing one? In the meantime, consider a set of these for the rear bumper cover?

[​IMG]

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Take your gas savings and buy a boat, or something - then you'll be manly again :lol:

In the meantime, try reading this, it's worth a laugh: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/par/121854619.html
    *warning, may have some adult content, text only*

I'm not the author, but love him for it :lol:

7. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Since getting my Prius, I like to say I've been getting laid a lot more.

It's not true, of course, but I still like to say it.

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    By, "the boys," I assume you're referring to Hugo Chavez, Ali Naimi, and the other foreign representatives we bow to on a regular basis to maintain the flow of foreign oil.

9. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 11 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]360394[/snapback]</div>
    Having the extra money for dinners & flowers has certainly helped me out! [​IMG]

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miz @ Dec 11 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]360346[/snapback]</div>
    You are no way related to the guy who posted on ToyotaNation are you? Someone posted something similar.

Not aggressive? Well, then add on body kits or wheels or whatever you think is necessary. It's your car.

I can't even tell if you're serious or sarcastic (esp. with the fill-up paragraph)

11. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miz @ Dec 11 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]360346[/snapback]</div>
    I think I see the problem. Ask your wife to return your testicles to you. Yours appear to be missing.

12. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I used to fly B-52s with live nukes on board. I also flew fighters in close formation doing aerobatics. That manly or aggressive enough for you? Or do I need a neighborhood vote on this?

I drive a Prius which I compare favorably with the glass-cockpit Boeing 767, which I also flew. After a trip to Europe decades ago where I noticed most men had bags hanging from their shoulder, I thought, "What a great idea!" and got one of my own to carry all my stuff. My wife blanches when I call it "my purse" but she seems happy not having to carry my extra three pounds of junk in her own. Hell, I even eat quiche! I guess I won't get invited to any of your clambakes, right? Arnold has about seven Hummers. There's a real guy for you!

Your focus is a bit skewed.

13. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'll respond after the thread starter makes a post that is definitely bait-free (not declaring he definitely did)

14. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You saying you can't get hyphy in a Prius? I call BS.

Ghost Ride the whip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juzt6vBuKcw

*disclaimer*

After a long night of Kart racing and partying it up with the Corvette/Camaro club at the Christmas Party. ;)

15. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

16. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  17. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miz @ Dec 11 2006, 11:28 AM) [snapback]360346[/snapback]</div>
    "I don't feel manly...driving a Prius..."

Funny; I find myself thinking the same thing!

-----------------------------

If I could say one thing, on an unrelated topic, I've been wrestling with how to react to some recent significant medical discoveries about my niece.

Should I mourn? In this case, in what manner?
    Should I immerse myself in research, even though I'm not a doctor?
    Is it okay to still find satisfaction for myself...?

I've decided that, yes, it's okay, still, to dedicate a little time to those pursuits which I find enjoyable; posting here is one.

So, with a heavy heart, I'm doing my best to remain relentlessly optimistic...

Thanks for listening; I'll try not to go off topic again.

-------------------------------

Thank you.

Danny3xd likes this.
  18. Joe Bernard

Joe Bernard New Member

Although the troll is apparently just screwing around, I have to add that here in eco-liberal Northern California, chicks dig my Prius. I've never gotten so much attention in a car before, and we're talking about the former owner of a bright red Porsche! People around here seem to admire the decision to drive this car.

[Note to wife. Chicks look, I keep driving!] ;)

19. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slow & Green @ Dec 11 2006, 01:27 PM) [snapback]360578[/snapback]</div>
    Here here! This has been my observation as well. The mature, independant women show much more interest in my car than the young "high maintenance types. :) Similarly I used to drive a 2000 blue Corvette lol

20. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Pinto Girl, i'd say it's still perfectly fine for you to do what makes you happy. I had a fraternity brother cme down with some serious health complications a few months ago (he's still in the hospital, waiting for a heart transplant now). I took the time to research his condition and the procedures that were being done, etc. I also took the time to include him in my prayers (i'm not very religious, but have been more so since this happened) and my thoughts on a daily basis. But in the end, there's nothing i can do for him except occasionally visit him when i'm in town, and continue on with my life.

I think it's important to understand the medical complications friends, family, and loved ones are faced with, and to provide them the encouragement and support they need. But at the same time, you need to worry about yourself, and doing what you enjoy should still take up some of your time.