1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I don't get it...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jivemastert, Jul 20, 2006.

1. jivemastert

jivemastert New Member

So the other day i wuz driving to get me a breakfast sandwich, listening to some DMX with the windas down and stuff and boom, this giant chevy astro van pulls up next to me at the traffic light and revs his motor at me!!!!!!! i look over at him like whats your deal son? he musta thought i was a civic type r or something cause they look kinda like us i do not know. i figured i'd show him what this electric motor has got and how i have mpg x2 on him and speed!!!!!

Light turns green and boom, i stomp the gas, chirp the tires a bit and i'm off but that van didnt chirp any tires and it just stuck to tha pavement like chwing gum and it was off! i couldnt keep up!? i dont get it! how can i make my car faster!!!!!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ya know, I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but you've looked darn troll like from your first of many posts today.

1)You can't "chirp" the tires on the Prius.
    2)The Prius isn't a race car
    3)You can make it faster, but what an idiotic thing to do.
    4)Go back to your ricer and enjoy it if that's what you enjoy.

3. jivemastert

jivemastert New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 20 2006, 11:17 AM) [snapback]289367[/snapback]</div>
    What's a troll?

1. Maybe it was the van then that chirped the tires? i thought it was me.
    2. the prius is all i have now cause my sister wrecked my civic so my parents gave me this prius. i don't race but cmon it cant get out of its own way!
    3. why is it idiotic to make it go faster!? cmon, a van is slow, how can this be slower?
    4. whats ricer? i just enjoy making my car more personalized... i dont want wings or lights or magnets or something, just look cool.

look if you don't want to helpo me then dont thats fine. i'll go elsewere. i thought this was prius chat and not let's talk about asian food and cave monsters!!!!??!?!

4. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tha Master of Jive @ Jul 20 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]289381[/snapback]</div>
    It's a miracle. You get called a troll, and in 13 minutes you learned the english language. That's great, and much faster than your car.

5. jivemastert

jivemastert New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jul 20 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]289388[/snapback]</div>
    bro what are you talkin about?????! its a miracle that ther are such unhlepful ppl in this community.... thanx for nothing.

efusco has ben cool tho. thanks for your hlp even tho you had to be mean or whatev callin me names.

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The dictionary.com definition of and internet troll is:
    An electronic mail message, Usenet posting or other
    (electronic) communication which is intentionally incorrect,
    but not overtly controversial (compare flame bait), or the
    act of sending such a message. Trolling aims to elicit an
    emotional reaction from those with a hair-trigger on the reply
    key. A really subtle troll makes some people lose their
    minds.

read more about it, it's origins, etc here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Under this definition, your post is clearly a troll. It's writen using inflamatory (and incorrect) grammer and syntax, combined with a topic that takes the exact opposite view of most people here. On this forum we choose to spend our time examining ways to improve milage performance and comfort in the car, where as you post to improve speed and accelleration, which would cause the exact opposite effect.

7. markymags

markymags Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is a perfect example of what sugar can do to kids in the morning...

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That van has a 4.0 inline 6 and rear wheel drive. That van ain't slow bro

9. jivemastert

jivemastert New Member

So let me get this straight. If I type like I'm writing a paper for school, you won't hate on me? I'll try to, but old habbits die hard i guess.

Ok so why doesnt anyone want their car to go faster? I have to drive the highway every day so keeping up with the other cars can be hard soemtimes. I seen another thread where someone's car was fast enough to beat a VIPER! Obviously someone is doing the go fast mods or something if that is the case.

is that still troll or rice or whatever? i feel like I'm writing to a bunch of english teachers that are getting up in my grill for no reason. I just had a simple question.

10. jivemastert

jivemastert New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 20 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]289431[/snapback]</div>
    I think it was AWD cause there was a red logo on the back that looked like AWD. Would that make it fastr?!

11. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tha Master of Jive @ Jul 20 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]289447[/snapback]</div>

Oh, I don't care, just so I can understand what you are saying and asking :)

Any case, I find my Prius fast enough for what I drive and where. I bought the car to replace a much slower Honda Civic Hybrid with a manual 5spd. It was a bit sportier, but I wanted a little more capacity and a hatchback, plus, the Prius gets better mileage in my commute. I do at times, surprise some people and outgunthem from a light for the first 1200 feet or so, then guilt kicks in.. B)

There are people who have modified the car for more power, but like other cars, it loses economy in doing so. it is a tradeoff; more speed less MPG. You can do searches on the forum for modifications, etc.

I think there are a couple of guys actually racing a Prius in SCCA prepared classes, and there are most likely other sites on the web more dedicated to high-performance than this one (we do tend to honor MPG over MPH here :)

So, ask away; I haven't launched a nuke strike for over 7 months, so have at it :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tha Master of Jive @ Jul 20 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]289451[/snapback]</div>

No, but did YOU feel your car stutter, like when the anti-spin kicked in?

12. jivemastert

jivemastert New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Jul 20 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]289455[/snapback]</div>
    No it didn't really stutter but I don't really know cause I had my music up kinda loud and stuff so it might have and I didn't notice. I know you're all about MPG over MPH but still, even them saturn ions have like drag cars and stuff that are CRAZY!!!11!! So i would hav assumed that they would have something simlar to promote teh Prius and have some performance parts and stuff. I mean how low of a mpg can the thing get?!?!?!?! I would love for my car to do some wheelies!

13. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The simple fact is the prius attracts a different audiance than those you describe. It's capable of decent acceleration, ie it can accelerate enough to merge onto the freeway. But the car simply isn't designed for fast acceleration; it's designed for effeciency.

with the raising gas prices, threat of global warming, and increasing environmental awareness, the way people think about their cars has simply changed. if you want proof, all you have to do is look at sales numbers. sales of big SUVs and trucks that get poor milage have decreased, while sales of smaller cars that get better milage - regardless if they are hybrid, E85, or conventional - have increased.

The prius is designed to appeal to this new market. Toyota has other cars that are much mor high powered with better acceleration times. the prius simply isn't one of them. any upgrades you may try to make to increase your speed and acceleration will most likely be dangerous, expensive, and void your warrenty.

14. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tha Master of Jive @ Jul 20 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]289467[/snapback]</div>
    The hopped-up Civics and the like are NOT sports cars - they are show-off cars. I have been driving REAL sports cars all my life and I recently traded my Audi TT Roadster for a Prius. I have NO trouble keeping up with traffic in the Prius and I've DOUBLED my gas mileage by buying it.

As for drag-racing to promote the car - there is a completely different way to promote the Prius - it's called modifying the car to get even BETTER fuel efficiency. Look at the articles about mods that got 100+MPG. You will find lots of information on mods here to boost mileage while retaining good performance.

The Prius is NOT a sports car and you should NOT expect sports car performance from it. If you want to drive a sports car, I suggest that you go get a REAL sports car. There are plenty of people who will gladly buy your used Prius.

15. jivemastert

jivemastert New Member

Yeah but cmon, the thing is, you can do things to any car to make them go fast so I'm asking this community what to do in order to have that. Who cars if i never ever do these things, fact of the matter is, it can be done, someone on this board beat a Viper supposedly... you cant do that stock!

These cars have some mad tight torque in t hem so apparently they can be fast right? You home boys know the prius better than I do IT SHOWS!!!!!! so if these are the types of cars that are gonna take over the road, why not get together and make them fast now so that we are top dogs when stuff like muscle cars go away?????? I don't want to put in like nos and stuff cause that's for cheaters and makes your car parts fall off and stuff. besides nos and batteries? hello, blows a homeboy up for sure. so why cant we talk about how to make the cars fasterr?

16. hjon71

hjon71 Junior Member

17. jtullos

jtullos New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tha Master of Jive @ Jul 20 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]289490[/snapback]</div>
    You can talk all you want to about making a Prius faster. The fact is, I personally, and probably many others here, just don't care about making it faster. The Prius is fast enough to get up to standard driving speed in a reasonable time and will hold the speed with no problems. That's all it needs to do. Yes, some people race them. But the majority of Prius drivers don't drive them for speed, they drive them for efficiency. When you start going for speed, you lose fuel economy. I drive a Prius primarily for the high gas mileage. I don't care about winning any races, because in the end, I'll still get where I'm going, safely, legally, and with more gas left over to get back home afterwards. And that makes me happy.

18. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tha Master of Jive @ Jul 20 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]289447[/snapback]</div>
    Understand it's a give and take system. We will make an effort to help you if you will make the effort to help us understand what you are asking. Thanks.

19. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As Brandon says, it's a give a take system- make every effort to make yourself clearly understood. Everyone has been very tolerant and willing to answer your questions. So, yes- write like you were writing a paper for school. Drop the street rapper talk. By the way, how old are you?

If that doesn't make sense try this: Yo homey MOJ whut be up wit da posts?

20. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tha Master of Jive @ Jul 20 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]289490[/snapback]</div>
    Electric motors DO have high torque and that's why people race rotary saws for instance.

May I suggest that you start another thread titled "High-performance Mods" and whoever is interested in doing those sort of mods that can participate?

Good luck!