1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I don't know whether my brakes were OK before . . .

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by lawboy, Feb 12, 2010.

1. lawboy

lawboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    . . . but I know they are OK now.

Had the software fix done on Wednesday, although I had never experienced a problem with the brakes. Well, for the first time in years, not only did we get snow, we are completely covered with about a foot. Nevertheless, I still had to appear in court for a client in a neighboring town about 30 miles away. It took me awhile to get there, and the roads were terrible, but I had several opportunities to "test" the breaks in snowy and icy conditions

The brakes are fine, but I'm still glad I had the fix done when I did. I can't count the number of people I've had to tell that the brake issue is no big deal, and it would be just my luck to have a wreck in the storm of the century because I did not rush to have the fix done ASAP.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Good, I am waiting to make sure the fix doesn't make them worse or introduce a new problem. So far everything I've read indicates the fix either works or doesn't do anything, which isn't so bad.