1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I F$*&30 up, did I cook away capacity or Charge ? HV Battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by terramir, Apr 16, 2019.

1. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey Guys&Gals,
    I was top leveling my Prius battery (meanwell 100-350 and blower + lower duct) and well I went to sleep when I got up in the morning it read 241.4V or something I remembered being a bit disappointed, so I come back an hour later and well the reading was 240.8V so I stopped it there. Now 48 hours+ later I have been testing my modules and it seems like they all have like round about 700mAh to 1000mAh less measured capacity. Cooling blower (Prius one from junk yard works fine) was running the whole time.
    here's the link to the files with the data old column vs new etc.
    Now here's my question did I cook away capacity or charge here?
    the data for the old is only from a few weeks ago nothing this dramatic should have happened otherwise.
    Not quite done with measuring the total pack the data will be updated over the next 2-3 hours.
    Help
    terramir

#1 terramir, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I doubt you'd do damage at that level of charge.
    I'm assuming these are Toyota cells.
    Not sure how you are measuring capacity. Hard to say whether or not the tools are doing it properly?
    If you need to assemble things on a timeline, just throw in what you've got for now. Watch it live with Torque Pro and see how it goes.

3. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes toyota,
    Tools = meanwell charger and blower, Discharge= approx. 20A 10x car lightbulb discharger (like they build for rc as well) with an rc 130A power meter.
    The question is can I have heated off charge level by over charging at this level I wonder.
    terramir