1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I fell in love with my first one....so I bought another! :)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ggarman, Apr 15, 2005.

1. ggarman

ggarman Junior Member

I bought a used '03 on March 4th, 2005, I loved it so much that I just bought my second on April 14th!

My wife is consistenly getting mileage in the low 40's, not as good as I would like, but a heck of a lot better than high teens she was getting in our Outback!

For the month of March, our gasoline bill went from $162 down to $86! These cars will practically pay for themseleves in gas savings!

If anybody is thinking about buying one, DO IT! Go test drive one and all those silly rumors you've heard about "no power" or "too small" will fly right out the window. Gas prices will most likely only get worse.

Greg :lol:

2. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: I fell in love with my first one....so I bought another!

My wife and I have had our 05 for 2 months, and are trying hard to refrain ourselves from buying a 2nd one. We had our first real argument yesterday over who got to drive the Prius.

3. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :D My wife and I have had our two Prius for about 2 months also. My wife gets high 40s and I get high 50s. She has a lead foot and drives it around like a race car. :p

4. ggarman

ggarman Junior Member

Re: I fell in love with my first one....so I bought another!

They are addictive, I have(had) to practically pry the Prius keys out of my wife's hands. :)

I think one of the other things I like so much about the car is the 'geek factor'. I'm a computer/electronics geek and absolutly love the DVD navigation and the technology in the Prius. :)

Greg

5. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, I've had to give up full custody of my Prius as well. My boyfriend's commute is much longer than mine, so the days he drives carpool, he drives my Prius. :( And I'm moving to Boston for 9 months in the fall, so he'll get full custody of the Prius (I don't plan on bringing a car with me). We saw an ad for a used '05 package 5 in the paper and he joked about buying it, but he would miss having the Nav (and he doesn't even use it that much).